Past 15

1......2.....3...

Both of us opened the chit. Well, I opened it way more quickly. I guess my hand thought that it was a competition as to who would open it first. Stupid me! It got torn a little- actually, a lot- in that way.

I opened my chit which was going to decide my future and what the heck is this? Am I reading it upside down? Thinking so I turned the chit on the other side. No.. that can't be. It doesn't even make any sense.

I looked towards Avni. All the color that she had regained back from the deep breath was lost.  She kept staring at the open chit in her hand as if she had seen  a ghost.

"What is it?" I asked.

"What's yours?" she questioned back looking at me. Why can't she just answer first?

"Chef.." I mumbled in a low voice. Any normal person wouldn't have heard that but well, Avni is abnormal.

"Oh! Means you got to do a bachelor's degree in culinary arts and apprenticeships" she nodded her head at her own words and looked at her chit grimly. "Its still better."

"Better?? Huh!! As if.. Even if my mom had taught me how to cook a little, that doesn't make me a chef. What's yours?". I snapped, clearly annoyed at the thought of cooking, I might just end up roasting myself in the place of chicken. You never know with me.!

"Fashion designer" I heard Avni say beside me.

"What?! Faa.. shion de.. sig.. ning.. ha.. ha.. ha.. ha" I just couldn't control my laughter. Avni and fashion designing was like oil and water. They will mix but never blend. You got it, Disaster. "But still its better." I teased her once I stopped laughing, but she took it seriously.

"Better.. better?!! This is fashion freaking designing. In which part of my body do I look like a designer?" she growled at me. I studied her dress up, they looked fine. And then I saw her feet, she wore those faded brown colored 80's shoes.

"You know what? Those shoes are totally out of fashion?" I pointed to her shoes

"You know what? Those shoes are totally out of fashion?" I pointed to her shoes. Even I knew better fashion then her.

She looked at her shoes "As if I care, they are comfortable."

"But you soon got to care about it sweetheart." I smirked at her.

"NO, I wouldn't" she said a bit louder. We saw the heads turn towards us and we composed ourselves.

"I am going to change it." Avni stated and went towards the platform. I too followed her and sat on the front row, to hear their conversation of course.

"Ma'am.." Avni approached Miss Kiran, who was busy sorting some files."

"Its Miss Kiran" she said looking up from her work. "What's the matter?"

"Oh! Sorry.. Ya, Miss Kiran. Could I please change my occupation?"

"What's it? Show me." Miss Kiran held out her hand. Avni gave her the chit. When she saw what was written in it, her expression turned to one of confusion.

"Its fashion designer. What should be a problem with that? Every girl wants to be a fashionista."

"That's the problem. I am not one of those girls. Fashion is not my cup of tea. I am not at all into it." Avni pleaded.

Miss Kiran looked at Avni and then at her dressing.

"Well, sorry Avni. We cannot change it. I suppose its high time for you to turn to a girl. You may leave now." I just couldn't stop laughing. 'Time to turn to a girl'.. OMG!! I would love to see Avni as a girl.

Miss Kiran's clapping sound bought me to reality and I  hurriedly returned to my seat, where Avni  was already seated. Her face gloomy.

"Attention everyone." We turned to look at Miss Kiran. "You all will be leaving after sometime. Near the door are some papers. Those are forms you have to fill. A tailor will be here soon to take your sizes for your new clothes. So while he is at work, you will be at work too."

"Trust me, we know each and everything about you. These forms are for formalities sake. So do not try entering any false data or information. And moreover inform your parents about your decisions about your new study line. Now get started." Mr. Singh ordered.

We collected our forms and started scribbling the required information. Soon a tailor came in with tapes and a registering book and started taking our sizes.

"In the option 'past occupation/education' you will fill out what you did earlier and in the option 'present occupation/education', the new status allotted to you in the chit should be written." We nodded at that information.

I peeped over at Avni's form. Just me!!

"Hey your birthday is in two days. How come I never knew that? We are going to celebrate it grandly" I cried excitedly. Ya, strangely we never celebrated her birthday.

"Its because I never told you. And I don't celebrate my birthday. So don't even think about it." Avni threatened me and walked away. Why does she always do that?

Will find that out later. The real problem at hand was to inform our parents about the change of stream. May God bless our soul!!

**************************************

Another update readers!!

I hope you guys liked it. Well it will be another task to tell their parents about this big change. And now you know what their new professions are. Lets see how they deal with it.

And I dedicate this chapter to Varsha (the_rising_sun).. She is a sweetheart. And you guys really need to check her books or else you are really missing out on some thing awesome.. Specially the secrets of the east is awesome..

Anyway please do comment, I need to know if this story is going boring or not. Whether I should change the form of writing and all..

Vote.. Comment.. Share.

Lots of love!!

Happy Reads!!!!