Past 26

For the  past 5-6 month, we followed the same flow of life- morning-college-training-sleep.. morning-college-training-sleep, the same uneventful days.

Colleges were going pretty good. Now, I can actually announce that I won't cook myself for dinner, and for me that's a huge thing to attain. Even for the first time in my well, handsome life, I loved the exams. Credit goes to my good tasting skill.

As for the training, they were bone-breaking tiring as usual. Though it became more easier and interesting with each day.

"ABHI, STOP DAY-DREAMING and get your ass here." I heard Arnab bark orders at me. I am surely going to wring his neck with my this bare hands someday. But for now, I obeyed him. Walking up, I stood facing Avni. She was in form, totally prepared for it. Oh! I didn't mention right? We were on our martial art morning training- instead of gym. We had to fight each other. The so-called seniors guided us in the absence of any teacher. They could choose any person, so this dumb head Arnab marked us. Our training partner changed each day, and with my oh so! good luck, it was Avni.

She was a fully fledged trained person. How am I supposed to defeat her? This Arnab did it purposely.

"Position... and start!" Arnab snapped moving away from the center.

 and start!" Arnab snapped moving away from the center

We moved around in circle. Avni showed no intention of attacking. So, I lunged at her. Wrong move! Wrong move! She blocked my hand and kicked me right in my chin. And I was on the floor in approximately 45 seconds. Game over!

  "Abhi, concentrate."Avni said looking at me as we moved to another corner of the hall, as Naina and Karan took their position. "Never lunge at your enemies. Watch their moves and when they attack, Act. Accordingly. Don't let your mind wander all over the planet at that time." she explained slowly.

She made a good trainer. Never sarcastic. In this months she became the top scored trainee is some 30 years. That's what Miss Kiran said. There was another person who set the record some 30 years ago and now it was Avni.

She shone in all fields. Indoor training as well as outdoor. We even had outdoor training exams. Full army style- like as shown in movies. In mud, water,swinging through ropes, crawling under some-only that it wasn't that easy as it looked like. We had bruises all over our bodies. For the few days of our outdoor training we couldn't even attend college, we were in that bad condition. And it would lead to suspicious. But nonetheless we were enjoying. Miss Kiran was right, we were indeed having fun. I wonder what the danger part was all about.

 I wonder what the danger part was all about