{Chapter 21}

Tickets.

The surprise were plane tickets to Los Angels,California.

Later that night Phoenix came home with a plain envelope and told me to open it, and I couldn't be more excited when we landed in LAX.

Flashback

"I'm home!" Phoenix's voice echoed throughout our apartment.

I pushed the blankets off of my lap and met him in our room where he was taking off his uniform and shoes.

"I made some dinner." I said taking a seat on the bed.

"I got you something also, like I said earlier." He replied standing topless exposing his hard muscular core.

Enough to make a girl melt.

I jumped off the bed and followed him back into the kitchen area where his jacket was hanging and he pulled out an envelope.

I raised an eyebrow at him but nothing less took the envelope from his hand.

I slowly opened it and my mouth immediately dropped open when I seen what it was.

"I got them a few days ago and planned on surprising you this morning, but things kinda didn't go my way so here we are now." He babbled.

His cheeks were slightly flushed and his hair out of place from a long day at work but to me he couldn't look any more perfect.

I tossed the plane tickets to California on the table and jumped on Phoenix while wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

Flashback end

"It's so hot" He complained pulling at his dry fit top as we got ready in our hotel.

The hotel was amazingly cute with a huge king bed and a flat screen across the wall from it. The bathroom was all white and black granite with a bathtub and a shower stall and a whole bunch of cute miny travel sized soaps I couldn't wait to steal.

"I don't love anything more than the California Sun." I told him while wrapping my hair into a bun then making sure everything in my beach bag was packed.

I checked off phone, extra pair of clothes , sandals and wallets.

Phoenix honestly knew nothing about trip planning as I found out, Especially sper of the moment trips, so I planned as much as I possibly could in the short few days we were here.

Phoenix also promised to stay away from work on this trip so he could have much needed me time that I insisted he have.

"Not even me?" He faked hurt, flashing me straight white teeth.

"Not even you." I teased back while pulling on a pair of high waisted shorts over my green bikini bottom and slipping a slightly oversized white v neck.

"That's my favorite one you brought." He complimented from the bed he was laying on , flicking through the channels.

"This bikini? Really?" I asked while looking in the mirror. It wasn't anything special, just green bottoms and green type floral/tribal pattern in the top.