1: Attention Deficit

Hello everybody!

I want wanna thank everyone who is about to read this! I hope you like it!

Okay so this was dedicated to JoJo because she was my very first fan! =)

Vote

Comment

Fan

Enjoy! =)

*********

Love is like... Playing a game of spin the bottle. You're sitting in a circle, with a bunch of people you either knew your whole life, or hardly know at all. It's a really simple game. You can spend it any way you wish, but the only catch is, you can only spend it once. And regardless of the nervous, shaky, unstable, feeling you have deep in the pit of your stomach, and the awaiting reckless danger.

You spin the bottle, hoping and praying that it would land on that one person that you want it too, for whatever the reason, so that you can feel something with that one person, if only just for a second, that's all you want, and really, if you think about it... it's not a lot. But it doesn't. It lands on the unexpected person, and there is nothing you can do about it. But go along with it, because those are the rules.

My name is Emmalee Richardson. My dad is John Richardson, he's the CEO of a major corporate business.

In English that just means we have a lot of money. My mom is Dianna Richarson, she does... Well, I'm not really sure what she does, but whatever it is it doesn't keep her very busy.

I was born and raised in a small town near West Virginia. You know the kind of town where, everybody knows everybody, and nobody kidnaps you.

My friend list is really close to none. Well except my best friend, Noah. Our relationship sort of reminds me of that song by Taylor Swift, 'You belong with me' except the crazy girl isn't his girlfriend... Yet.

And the fact that she will be someday makes me want to shoot myself. Or maybe runaway. I wonder what would happen if I ran away.

Will they miss me? Will they even care? Will I end up like one of those creepy, milk carton girls sitting on your breakfast table, smiling at you happily, when in reality she's probably being tortured, and way closer to death with every spoon full of cereal.

I sighed and rested my chin on the counter. Usually, I'd be happy at this time (Which is dinner time) but today I'm anything but!

Noah promised me that we were going to have our usual movie/spaghetti night, and then he bailed at the last minute. Big deal he has a couple of new friends! But he can't just forget about me.

We've been doing spaghetti movie night since we were ten. We even made a name for it... Smoovie night. I frowned at that thought sighing even harder than before, making my mom smile at me in amusement. I sat up straight on our bar stool and glared at her.

"What could possibly be so funny?" I asked.

"Sweetheart. You do know that it's not the end of the world, right?" I rolled my eyes.

"I never said that it was. I just WISH Noah wouldn't cancel on me so much." I reverted back to my old position. My mom gave a sad smile and sighed.

"Honey, Noah's sixteen now. I mean, that stuff was fun when you two were little but..."

"But what? It doesn't matter that we're sixteen. Or that were in high school. Were best friends! That was our thing. The one thing that we shared together, is now being invaded by king of the jerks." I sighed and my mom looked at me with that stupid pity look.