5: Happy

I got up, making my way to the shower. Maybe taking a bath would buy me some time. I don't wanna talk about last night or Ashlyn for that matter. I just wanna pretend that it didn't happen.

I sighed as I turned the shower on and then closed the door quietly.

All of ten minutes later I was out of the shower. It would have been longer but the water got cold. Stupid cold water.

I grabbed my towel and stepped out, wrapping it around me. I wiped the fog from the mirror then looked at my blurry reflection. Dripping wet, and staring back at me blankly.

I looked over myself wondering what he didn't see in me. Why was Ashlyn so pretty to him and not me?

I mean, sure she's popular and all the guys wanna date her, all the girls wanna be her and blah blah blah. But there's nothing wrong with me.

I'm not an idiot, and I know I'm not much of a social butterfly, but does it really matter? Why can't life just once be like a book? It's not fair!

I frowned in the mirror at the myself and then rolled my eyes. I opened the door and walked out to find Noah gone and me all alone in his room.

Everything was still the same except the fact that he wasn't there. I sighed softly, sitting down on his bed. Half relieved, and half disappointed that he wasn't waiting for me when I got out. So much for talking.

I looked around the room not sure what to do, the towel still wrapped snugly around me. I started to subconsciously bite on my nails, and the door swung open.

I looked up at Jake who just casually walked in, then halted when he looked at me.

I was expecting Noah, but I guess that was just my mind thinking of him already. I stood up and raised a questioning brow, whilst Jake just stood there dumbfounded and bug eyed.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, honestly curious, and he opened his mouth to speak.

"I-I I'm sorry!" He stuttered. "I didn't realize you were in the shower -- or out of it," He said, then covered his eyes.

I looked down at myself still in the towel and VERY naked, but I wasn't soaking wet anymore. My hair was, but I wasn't. Then I looked back up at him and laughed a little bit.

I was kind of embarrassed being insecure and all but I pushed that feeling away, given the fact that he was redder than I was, and it was cute.

"Jake it's okay! I'm covered up. I'm quite sure the girls at school show way less than me in this little towel." With that being said he removed his fingers and looked at me.

"Yeah but I'm still sorry, I should have knocked." I smiled and shook my head.

"Don't worry about it..." I bit down on my lip, then grabbed my clothes from the bottom drawer off his dresser. That's where all my stuff was.

My stuff practically lived here since the fourth grade when I first started coming over Noah's. It was always mixed up with the rest of his stuff. Until he finally gathered it all up and shoved it in the drawer.

I smiled and then grabbed a shirt and a pair of shorts. I looked up at Jake, as he looked through Noah's desk and stared at him blankly.

"What are doing?" I asked, furrowing a brow. He slammed a drawer closed and didn't look up at me when he answered.

"Um... Looking for something." I looked at him confused and just stood there all awkwardly, waiting for him to finish so I could get dressed.

He closed the last drawer and I furrowed my eye brows. "This is a conspiracy," he said, shaking his head. I laughed a little and then he looked at me. "This isn't funny. Why are you laughing?"