Chapter 20 - Revelations

Richard's infamous moustache was gone and the newly revealed features caused me to cringe. His head twisted to get a better look at me, the edges of his barely-there lips tipping up menacingly. Images of our last encounter popped up in my mind and my vision began to blur.

I had tried to keep it at the back of my mind for as long as possible, and I'd succeeded at it for the past few days as other problems occupied my mind but now, it was all coming back with a bang. This man was the monster that hit me and forcefully kissed me with the most wicked of intentions. I'd never felt so violated.

My breathing pace became irregular as my eyes searched for Harry. I wanted to jump behind him, I wanted him to protect me. I knew that he would, or atleast I hoped so. Doubts flooded my mind as I recalled how I'd gotten him angry in the car, eventhough I had no idea what I did. He'd told me that I meant something to him in the most vulgar way and it left a gaping hole in me. I was confused.

"Son, we came over to let you know that we've had a change of plans." Damian began, positioning his walking stick against the couch.

To my relief, Harry was there. But he stood quite a distance away from me, which heightened my anxiety. I was afraid. He knew what Richard had done to me, well, he knew a part of it but he didn't seem bothered by my stressful state.

"I don't want him here." Harry said firmly, cocking his head toward Richard.

"Harry, we have been through this. It was all a misunderstanding. Uncle Richard's intentions are always good-" Damian paused when a small cough escaped from me.

"Piss off." Harry scoffed at the two men. I almost smiled at his choice of words, but I held it back.

"It's alright, Damian." Richard intervened before Damian could speak. "Believe it or not, I was even more aggressive than him when I was his age. I understand." He laughed as he dragged his index finger along the freshly shaven skin above the lips. "But Harry, I only came over to let you know that I got you a present for your birthday tomorrow, and I intended for it to be an apology for my actions as well but I wasn't aware of how it could result in a turn of events."

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, his eyebrows knitting close together.

My breath hitched when Damian's gaze diverted to me, Richard's hooded eyes following. There was something abnormally vicious about them. "Uncle Richard extended the contract for your..." Damian managed a seemingly forced smile, the wrinkles by his eyes deepening. "For your Baby Doll."

"What?" Harry questioned, taking it right out of my mouth.

"That was before your father told me of his arrangement for you with Antonio's daughter. I thought it'd be a splendid birthday gift."

"Why the hell would you think that?" Harry spat. I tried to prevent his words from getting to me, but I failed. It was stupid how I was hurt by what he said. He had made it clear that he didn't want me around any longer and there shouldn't be a reason why I wouldn't want to jump for joy.

"Language." Damian warned his son. "He only meant for it to be a present. No more changes can be made to the contract so you'll have to bear with it for two more months whether you like it or not. And I understand that the girl is," He glanced over at me again, this time without any trace of a smile. "Somewhat inexperienced. But I trust you'll know how to make the best of this situation."

It was disturbing listening to their conversation, taking into account the fact that a father was saying these things to his son. Maybe I was inexperienced. Maybe this was really how things are everywhere else and I just didn't know because I'd been sheltered for most of my existence.

"And... one more thing." Damian propped his weight on his knees as he stood up from the couch. "This I'd have to speak to you in private. Kitchen." He told his son.

I felt my face grow slack as I was hit with the realisation that I would be alone with Richard. I prepared myself to scurry up the stairs eventhough I knew I'd create a scene.

"Thalia, wait upstairs." Harry ordered, relieving me from my worry.

I returned a quick nod, thankful as I rushed up the stairs. I could never feel safe as long as Richard was under the same roof as me but I could create as much distance as possible between us to lessen the discomfort.

_____________

My body sunk into the armchair by the bed, fingers quivering. It was all too quiet. Something didn't feel right. The only thing disrupting the pin drop silence was the ticking of the grandfather clock right outside my room.

An ache was felt on my neck, right where Richard had injured me and my body shifted in accommodation. Then the injury I had on my head began to pulsate with immense pain, worse than what I'd felt before. It wasn't long before the door was flung open to reveal the only person I'd dreaded this much seeing.

Richard pucked his lips at me before they were twisted into a chilling grin. I found myself screaming at the top of my lungs but no noise escaped. I kept on screaming anyway as it was the only thing I could do at this point.

Within a matter of seconds, he had gotten himself terrifyingly close to me. His pudgy hands fixed onto the sides of the armchair as he glared at me, his eyes bulging.

Yellow teeth and gums that looked like they were rotting were exposed when a smile spread across his clammy face. His face neared mine, the space between us vanishing at an alarming rate. My throat began to sore, it felt like the veins could burst at any moment but I never stopped shouting.

"Stop it! Lia, wake up! My eyes shot open to the voice.

Harry had shaken me awake. "You were dreaming." He informed me, as if I didn't know. He was knelt on the floor. His fingers were brought up to my eyes, flicking tears away. "What was it?"

My palms were drenched, my chest heaving. "W-Was I screaming?"

"I'm kind of deaf in one ear." He attempted at a joke although his face was kept serious. "What was it?"

"Richard."

Harry's brows contorted downwards as he took my hand in his. "Did Richard do anything else to you that day? Is there something you're not telling me?"

"They've left." He assured. "Lia, if there's anything, you can tell me."
I swallowed hard as I glanced down at our entwined hands. I trusted him. "He kissed me."

Shadows formed over Harry's eyes as his grip on my hand tightened. "He told me he'd... that he he'd..." I had to purse my lips to keep myself from bursting into tears again. I couldn't finish it.

"I get it." Harry murmured, not wanting me to go any further. Anger radiated from him as fire flashed in his eyes, his features rigid. Was he angry at Richard... for me?