Chapter 54 - Run

What was left of the drugs in my system caused my knees to buckle slightly and I found myself leaning against Harry. He took hold of my hands and slid them around his neck. "Hold on." He said.

Then I found myself being lifted onto the hospital bed again. I didn't want to be here anymore. I rubbed my eyes and blinked wildly to fight against the foreign substance that was seemingly still streaming in my veins. I sat myself up, and my limbs ached with the action. "You need to rest, Thalia." I heard Harry tell me.

By resting, he meant letting the drugs take over my body again. I was sick and tired of being unconscious all the time and being bombarded with sick delusions, so no, I wasn't going to rest. I continued to rub my eyes until I felt the effect of the substance begin to subside. It wasn't that strong anymore and I noticed that it was wearing off, eventhough it was taking an awful long time.

Harry threaded his fingers through his hair as he paced back and forth and his brisk movements were making me dizzy. I swallowed hard when he came over to the bed and gently began lifting the hem of my sweater again. His nervous eyes darted to mine, asking for a sign approval before lifting the material higher up. When I gave him a small nod, my skin was exposed again, the cool air in the room nipping at it. I grimaced at the sight of the discolourations of my skin and it wasn't long before I was attacked with dark memories.

Harry's forehead creased, brows pitching together as he frustratedly looked down at my bruises. Dark shades of purple and brown, all of different sizes, were etched onto the skin over my hipbone, and all around my waist. Harry hooked his finger at my sleeve to pull it up and I flinched as even more bruises came into view.

"Fuck, Lia." He cursed under his breath. "What did they do to you?" Clear images of an ordeal I had pegged as a mere nightmare flooded my mind. I remembered the voices I heard. I remembered two men coming into my room. It made sense now.

"There were two men." I swallowed. "They came into my room and injected me with something." Harry looked at me inquisitively.

"Then I think I passed out..." As I trailed off, my thoughts wandered further and more images flashed before my eyes. I shut my eyes for a while, and began massaging my temples when I realised that there was more. I was remembering more.

Harry leaned over, placing his hands at both of my sides. "I don't want you thinking about it right now. We'll figure this out later." He hummed into my ear before pressing a kiss to my cheek.

I grasped at his arms when he began to pull away. "I woke up again in a room. I saw all sorts of... tools beside me. There were more people there but I couldn't make out their faces." I paused when my breath caught in my throat. "I remember kicking, and screaming until my throat hurt. So many of them were holding me down..." I drew a sharp breath.

"That's how you got them." Harry's eyes were suddenly darker as they peered down at a large mark near my wrist. He let his fingers ghost over it as I noticed his jaw clench at his own words. I recalled the sensation of having several hands dig into my skin as my body was stifled down. They had also forced a cloth in my mouth and it gagged me, muffled my cries. That was when it commenced, their sick plan to kill my baby.

"And you were right about Darren doing something shady behind our backs. Guess what-"

"He works for Richard." He completed my sentence and I widened my eyes at him.

"How did you find out?" Harry knew a lot of things, even major ones like how I was pregnant and he always kept them to himself.

"I went over to your house the night you went missing and he was there, of course." He raised his eyebrows momentarily as he propped himself on the mattress. "When I let him and your mum know that you were gone, he immediately knew you were taken by Richard. Took me a lot to keep myself from socking him. Wouldn't have made a very good first impression infront of your mum." The edge of his lips tipped up as he lightly pinched my chin. I managed a smile, but my heart was sinking at the mention of my mother.