Chapter 7

Chapter 7

**

The universe must hate me!

The leather jacket guy is in most of my class. And to his enjoyment and my irritation, he sits next to me in most classes. You know, like the new student should sit next to me. I should explain him what's going on and what is to be done and everything. It really irritated me. But I didn't have an option, so yeah.

The bell to the lunch break rang and I was the first one to jump out of the seat and run. I went to my locker to keep my book in. It was lunch so there wasn't a need for me to take any books. I didn't want to eat so I decided to do my head girl duties. I went to the class room and took the file where the fresher's party's information was stored.

I stood in front of the desk, leaning my back against it when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

The door opened and a blonde haired girl with strawberry colour sticks came in. She gave me a shy smile while rocking on her heels.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked, politely.

"Yeah. I actually wanted to know about the math talent search." She explained, looking around in awkwardness.

"Oh! I'm sorry, but I don't manage that department. You have to ask the respective teacher. The name of the teacher and the classroom is given on the list that is put up," I said, smiling apologetically.

She blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry. I didn't know."

"That's alright." I smiled. I haven't seen her before, so my guess was that she is a fresher. "Are you a fresher?"

"Yeah."

"What's your name?" I asked and then realised something. "Not to sound creepy or anything. It's just; I'm trying to remember all the fresher's name I can."

She chuckled. "My name's Ashley Carter. And you must be Gwen?"

"Yup. That's me." I said, smiling.

"Thanks for helping me." She said. I nodded and she left soon. It seems the freshers aren't that bad this year.

After working for an hour, the bell rang. I closed the file and went to my following lectures. Luckily, in the next class I didn't have to be bothered with that leather jacket guy. I really didn't know his name yet. He introduced his name in the class, but whenever he opened his mouth, I would pretend that he isn't here, basically blocking him out. So I still didn't catch his name.

My only hope is that the leather jacket guy and Ryan don't become friends. Because that would lead to destruction, heavy losses, insanity and so much more. 

The school ended pretty soon and there wasn't much complains today. It's a new day and knowing all the rules, the fresher's must have laid low. Hopefully, they are the same all throughout the year.

"Do we really have attend?" Amber whined.

"Yes, Amber. For hundredth time, you have to attend because you are my second in person." I said the same sentence again.

"But why is he coming?"

"Mr. Helios is the school department inspector. He has to make a record for all the elite school. You know most of the bullying and stuffs happen. Money rules," I explained with an eye roll.

"Fine. Fine." She grumbled. I gave her a big grin as we stepped out in the parking lot.

"Hey." A voice screamed in my ears. Amber and I let out a squeal and turned around. Alex and Chris were laughing their heads off. I just scoffed at them, Amber not far behind me.