Chapter 19

Chapter 19

**

You know the feeling when a person comes and speaks to you in a language that you don't know or don't understand so you just stare at them as if they have grown two heads. Well, that's the same way I'm looking at Ashton who is walking through the corridor towards the hall. I can't interpret what he wanted to say, but my gut feeling is that he is something more than he shows to the world. And by saying what he said now, I'm sure as hell convinced.

"Hey. Are you alright?" Amber asked, standing in front of me. I gazed back at Ashton one more time before giving Amber a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine, Amber. Never better." I said while hugging her.

She nodded and pulled back. "Are we continuing?" She asked, pointing her finger behind her towards the party.

I looked at Will and Nate, silently questioning them if I could go. I wanted this night to end with a blast since my plan or should I say Amber's plan worked just fine.

"You can go, but make sure to be with Ryan and Max," Will warned.

I grinned and ran towards him, hugging. "Thank you. Thank you." I repeated in his ears. "I'll make sure to be with Ryan and Max."

Without waiting for his reply, I caught Amber's wrist and practically dragged her with me, Chris and Alex following behind.

As soon as we reached the hall, we made our way towards Ryan and his group, who were dancing together in a circle.

"Mind if we join you in?" I asked Ryan.

"Of course not." Ryan grinned. He pulled me in the circle. "You, Amber, Chris and Alex can join us anytime."

"Thanks Ry," I kissed his cheeks. I see him blushing and pulled his cheeks. I lightly pushed him towards Amy who was dancing next to him. He stumbled towards her, holding her waist to avoid the fall. Too bad he already fell for her.

He turned and glared at me, while I just smirked. Winking, I turned back towards Amber and danced with her. That girl knows some moves. She, then danced with Chris while I danced with Alex. Later that night, Max joined us, his friends tagging along. We didn't mind. It was good to dance in a big group.

"You owe me a dance," a voice whispered in my ears from behind. I twirled around to see Ashton standing there, his hands deep in his pocket.

"Why?" I smiled.

"I saved you tonight. Least you could do is dance with me." He smirked, offering his hands. I hesitated for second before taking it. He walked us further away from the group.

He turned around and twirled me with my hand still in his hand. I laughed as he caught me again. He placed his hands on my waist as I placed mine around his neck. We danced together on few songs and let me tell you, Ashton is one hell of a dancer, in a good way.

After few songs, I suggested we go back since my brother warned me to be with Ryan and Max, even though I know, for some strange reason, Ashton could be trusted.

We walked back to the group and danced with our friends. The food was delicious. I made sure that the food is ordered from the famous restaurant, the one whose owner is one of Dad's friends. I've been there few times and trust me when I say the food is mouth watering.

It was late, approximately 11 o'clock when the party ended. We had to clean the hall, but I suggested it's better if we do it tomorrow. Since I'm sure everyone of the council members are exhausted. Tomorrow being Sunday, people can come for few hours. I called the cleaning company for help too.