Chapter 24

Chapter 24

**

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was white walls. I blinked to clear my view. I sat up straight and noticed that I was in Will's office. I glanced down to see that I was sleeping on the couch. Surprisingly, the couch felt comfortable.

"You awake?" I heard a soft voice. I looked up to see Sophia, Will's secretary standing near the door. I smiled and nodded. "Will's with your Dad for a moment. I'll call him." She said and walked out before I could stop her.

I stood up and went to Will's desk and took the glass of water that was kept there. I drank it quickly, noticing how thirsty I was. I placed it back and turned just in time to see the door open. Will walked with confidence. His posture was straight and surprisingly stiff. His expression was grim and lips were pressed in a thin line. I gave him a tentative smile

Before he could say anything, I said, "I'm fine."

He shook his head and sat on the couch where I was sleeping. I went and sat next to him. "I knew you would say that so I don't feel bad."

"No, it's nothing like that. Before I wasn't, but now I'm fine. I did get a flashback, but that doesn't stop anything, does it?" I said, making it look like it was a normal thing.

"Don't try to lie, Gwen. You're always doing this. Just talk about it. Express it." Will said in frustration.

I smiled and placed my hands on top of his which were resting on the sofa, beside him. "Why talk when I can easily forget?"

"Gwen." He warned.

I rolled my eyes and got up. "Come on. I'm not in a mood to sit and cry all day when I can forget and have fun."

"Fine." He said, defeated. I smiled, proudly and walked out of his office with him. "I'll drop you off."

"Yeah."

**

The days couldn't have been bad. When I reached home, somehow everyone was informed about the little incident that happened in school. Since I was with Will the whole time, the school had already ended and now Ashton and Lucas were with Ryan in the living room.

Just then my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and it was Amber. "Hello?"

"Hey. Are you alright?" She asked in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Did you talk about the football match? It's next Friday and it's on our school ground. We have to make the preparation." I said.

"Yeah. I know. I just want to make sure you're okay. I was going to tell you and talk to you about it," she said, acting liking a stern Mom.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, smiling. "We'll meet tomorrow. I'm coming to school. Sitting home is boring."

"You usually don't come," she said, sounding surprised.

"I know. But this time I want a change. I'm not sitting in self-pity and crying about what happened years ago." I said, walking in my room. I threw my bag down and sat on my computer chair.

"Well, I think that's good. This time Ashton will help you too." She said, a hint of something in her voice.

I stopped what I was doing and turned my chair around. "Don't bring Ashton into this, Amber. He is someone you don't want to come in contact with. Him being with us may cause a problem. Lot of problems."

I heard her sigh. "But he is the only way to make you forget."

"That's so not true." I denied.