Chapter Eight: A Walk And A Coffee Shop

[Harry's POV]

.

.

My brain was swarming. It was spinning and doing flips, going back in fourth between reality and what I wanted to see. Nothing made sense as I laid there on my bed, arms by my side. I wanted to just relax and maybe finally be able to sleep, but my thoughts were in a different mindset. It wanted me to do anything but lay here with absolutely nothing to do. My eyes were closed as I tried to focus on other things besides what my mind continued to focus on, Louis. Although, he seemed to be the only thing I think of now days. But instead of the normal happy feeling I got when his face flashed through my mind, it was replaced by sadness and longing. The fact that I actually meant something to him made my stomach do flips, but the fact that he'll never love me the way I love him made my stomach turn, possibly in jealously. No, it was in jealousy. I'm not one to run away from feelings, even if I don't say them out loud, there always there, and can't just disappear. I was jealous. Jealous of Niall or maybe just jealous of the way Louis loves Niall. Either way, I was jealous.

I hated the feeling. It left a nasty taste in my mouth, but like I said, it can't be stopped. I sighed, slowly standing up from my warm bed. There was no way I was getting any sleep. I pulled a white tank top over my bare chest and stumbled over to my door, pulling it open. I reached over to turn off my light.

1,

2,

3,

4,

I decided turning my light off four times was enough and continued down the hall, trotting down the stairs and pulling on some shoes and my hoodie. Making sure my mother wasn't awake, I twisted the handle,

And twisted it again,

And again,

I shut my eyes tight and leaned my forehead against the door. It was bad today, really bad. Practically forcing myself, I walked out into the night.

Walks always help to clear my mind.

I looked at my phone as I walked in the cold air, yanking my light hoodie up so it covered my bare neck a little more. The time was 11:48, which really wasn't that late. I checked my messages as I walked, realizing I had one from Louis a few minutes ago.

'Hey im bored' it read. Laughing at his obvious laziness with the grammar, I replied.

'Me too, couldn't sleep' I typed, sending it and waiting for a response.

'Me either. What are you doin?' I typed a response his question, telling him I was on a walk, before I turned a corner down my neighborhood. There were fairly nice houses down here. As much as a mess my mother is, my step dad does pretty well, money wise anyway. Not terribly well, but well enough to afford a three-bedroom-three-bathroom with an upstairs and downstairs.

My phone vibrated and I looked down.

'Do you know where The Brewhouse Coffee Shop is?' I furrowed my brows in thought. I knew where it was, only a few blocks from here, but why?

'Yeah... but why?' I sent the text, stopped in my tracks.

'Meet me there in 20 minutes' I read the text a few times, my eyebrow raised.

I stuffed my phone in my pocket, but couldn't resist the smile that spread across my flustered cheeks. Louis could just be so mysterious at times, but I liked him like that. I quickly turned on my heals and headed in the direction of the coffee shop, still smiling brightly.

[Louis's POV]

I tapped my foot anxiously against the wood floor, staring at coffee shop the door. Harry hates to be late, which means he should be here in a few minutes. I hadn't seen him since he ran away from the park, and I honestly missed him. I had tried to figure out why he ran in the first place, but nothing had come to mind. I had thought that maybe he saw me and Niall and was homophobic, but harry just doesn't seem like he would be. Nothing made sense. That's why when I found out he was out and about, I wanted him to meet me here, because we seriously needed to talk.

The door to the small shop opened, and a very cold looking Harry stepped in. I let a sigh of relief leave my mouth and smiled as he made his way towards me, his eyes on the ground. He looked adorable. His curly hair was tucked under a grey hoodie, and he was wearing a white shirt and dark blue sweat pants. His cheeks were red from the cold and his lips blue. A bit of guilt welled inside of me, knowing that I asked him here, and he might have walked a bit to get here.

"Hey." I said, smiling at the younger boy. He just nodded and pulled out the chair in front of me, three times. I watched as he muttered cuss words under his breath before closing his eyes tight and slumping down in the chair. It was bad today, his OCD. He looked tired and worn. I hated seeing him like that. "Hey?" I said again, but it came out as more of a question.

He lifted his head and smiled. I returned it quickly.

"Are you alright?" I asked, biting my lip. He nodded, and that's when I noticed it. There was a large reddish/purple bruise lining one cheek. My heart stopped. Someone hurt Harry, my Harry. I leaned forward a bit, and Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Harry did someone hurt you?!" I asked, wanting to hug him. Harry must have remembered the mark, because his eyes grew big and he pulled his hoodie over his face slightly.

"I-It's nothing." he said quietly, not making eye contact.

I sighed and leaned in more. "Tell me Harry." I whispered in the nicest voice I could manage.

"I said it was nothing!" he yelled sternly, causing my heart to drop further. I looked away and scooted back a bit. Harry never yelled, ever.

After a few seconds Harry cleared his throat and I looked at him with a blank expression.

"I'm sorry, Boo," he mumbled to me. "Please don't be mad." I couldn't help but smile when he said the nickname he gave me. If he didn't want to tell me, he wouldn't need to. It's none of my business.

After a second of silence, I asked if he wanted tea or coffee. He answered tea and I got up to order us some. Might as well get some caffeine in our systems, we had a long talk ahead of us.

.

.

A/N

I decided to end it here, but don't fret! I'll upload again tomorrow! I figured out exactly where this is going, so don't worry. Thanks for reading! Love you alllll! (I should come up with some nickname for you guys... I'll brain storm tonight.) =)