Chapter 4

A/N Hey guys! Up there is Bella's outfit for this chapter. Keep on commenting and liking, whenever I see it in my inbox, it really encourages me to keep going! Thanks so much! XOXO Allie

Now, on with chapter!

Chapter 4-

    After arriving home from the Cullen's I resolved my decision to speak with Edward. I left my window open and I knew he would come. He always did.
Alice's wise words rang in my head, helping me clear my mind and steel my spine. I would do this. I would not let him walk all over me.
I would be firm. I clenched and unclenched my fists repeatedly while pacing back and forth like a madman.

I decided I would take a shower to help relax, it would do me no good if I was so stressed. I'd only end up fumbling with my words or blushing and he wouldn't take me seriously.

After gathering my supplies I head to the bathroom where I then stripped and turned on the hot water. As it caressed my body, soothing my fears, I felt it washing away all my worries. I felt confident and that was new. It was like Jasper was pumping courage into me except I wasn't dependent on him. It was from me.

And that felt pretty good.

I exited the shower, my usually fair skin now a light pink from the scalding water. I dressed in a blue bra and underwear and slipped a loose crop top and sleep shorts over it. I stepped out of the bathroom and the cool air had goosebumps rising in my arms.

Now, I wait.

Edward would come.

I knew he would.

The clock was a little fast, it wasn't really twelve oh five yet.

Maybe he was late.

-----------

He wasn't late, though.

He never came.

I was furious when I woke up, tired and grumpy. He didn't show. I waited for him and he didn't show. The bàstard. I was pissed and I was gonna let him know it. But first, I wanted to look cute today.

Not for him, but for me. And that was refreshing. I wanted to look cute cause I was planning on having a good, productive day. And no one was going to bring me down. Not even Ássward.
So I dressed for school is a black and white striped crop top and blue short shorts and black and white converse. I let my hair down and even applied mascara and pink lip stick.

I was already late, so I decided forgo breakfast and head to straight to the car, ignoring a hungover Charlie who laid on the couch. I headed to school and sat down in my first class just before the bell rang.

Everyone kept commenting on my outfit. I got appreciative looks from all the boys and a handful of girls as well. Jessica was especially impressed and demanded we go shopping. I agreed. Because while shopping isn't something I love, I could bear it, Jessica was fun and bubbly. Why not?

I didn't realize how much I didn't dress to impress until I did. I have to admit, I did stand up straighter. I did feel more confident, and when I spoke, people listened.
The wonders a good outfit can do, huh? I felt taller and bigger, like I mattered more. Not because I looked pretty, but because I did something for myself and it made me feel good about myself.

I also couldn't wait for Alice to see me. I knew she would love it! She always enjoys when I put together a cute outfit.

Lunch eventually came and when I sat down, Alice and Rose immediately took notice and began to fawn over me. We chatted and I promised to let Alice shop for me more often. I didn't realize that what Alice gives me is from the heart. She knows what I'll like and look good in and she wants what's best for. And when it comes to fashion, I usually need the help.

Emmet whistled and said, "Baby Bells is becoming a woman. Damn." Rosalie, of course, smacked him upside the head. Jasper gave me a once over, and I blushed profusely and then he promptly called me a tomato, albeit a beautiful one.

Needless to say, I was less than pleased with him.

"Bella," a dangerously calm voice began, "what are you wearing?" I looked up at Edward and tilted my chin up.

"Clothing." I answered defiantly. My eyes were narrowed and my muscles were tense. I was prepared for an argument that I knew would come. And in a way I welcomed. I full well knew when I dressed this morning that Edward would not approve. Yet I did in spite of that.

This goes deeper than something as petty as clothing. This is about the fact that I am ready to make choices for myself without thinking of others who only being me down.

With that in mind, I tuned back to Edwards annoying rambling.

"Barely. Bella, do you have any modesty? Everyone is staring at you." He retorted, his tone condescending and his face disgusted and I snorted. Loudly.

"Edward, I am wearing a very nice outfit. I'm sorry you cannot appreciate it but I ask you refrain from commenting. Thanks." Sarcasm dripped off every word and Edwards eyes slowly turned black, I glared at him and his fists clenched.

Fear trickled down my spine as I realized that I was his singer....maybe making him angry wasn't the best ides. If it wasn't for the loud noises and kids everywhere, I would have run out as if the devil himself was chasing me.

Unfortunately, the devil was standing in front of me instead.

Wonderful.

"Don't you dare speak to me this way you little-" he spat and I shook with rage. He would not finish that sentence.

"We're over." I said, anger bubbling up and spilling over into my words.

"Bítch." He replied, nasty as ever. I flipped him off and walked out, fuming. The entire lunch room was silent and I no longer cared. Let the world know!

Edward is a dīck, plain and simple. He thinks he is superior to everyone.

News flash! He isn't.

In my own thoughts, I missed the sound of footsteps behind until I reached my locker.

Edward, I thought and inwardly groaned.

"Bella, we need to talk. We are mates, you can't just break up with me. I need you." His now golden eyes were innocent but I refused to be fooled.

"That's not what you were saying a minute ago." I almost missed it, but I saw rage flash across his face before he carefully corrected it. I narrowed my eyes. Something was up.

He was lying and I was about to find out just exactly what he was lying about.

"But you are right Edward," for once, "we do need to have a little chat."

Watch out Edward. I know your up to something and it's involving me. Edward, you need to watch your back because if you think toy can must lie to me, you have another thing coming. No one messes with me.