Chapter 11

Chapter 11-

Yesterday had passed quickly and it was show time today. It was Monday, but going to school wasn't exactly an option with Edward on the loose, and the fight happening. I was too anxious to concentrate on anything anyway.

Demetri was supposed to be checking in with us in a few minutes.

He had gone out while I was still asleep, tracking Edward and scouting the area Edward was currently residing in, which was some obscure place in Maine.

Alice and Rose were doing their best to distract me from the upcoming fight but all I could think about was my family and my newfound Volturi friends.

If anyone dies as a result of this fight, I could never forgive myself. I could not even begin to explain what my life would be like if any single one of them left.

Including Demetri and Jane.

Jane and I have become fast friends. She is quirky and funny and kind. She talks about Aro to me and every time she reminds me he might see our conversations with his power, I roll my eyes.

It would be obvious enough that I was attracted to him if I met him anyway. I'd be red as a tomato and all jittery and stuttering. He'd know in an instant.

Jane and I also share a love for reading, writing, and music. She has introduced me to many books and is helping learn Italian, while I introduce her to modern movies and tv shows.

She has taken quite a liking to a few of them and enjoys them immensely.

Demetri is like another brother. We play video games together, and he lets me win occasionally. He lets me ride on his back as he runs, faster and faster through the woods, and he tells me about life in Italy. He is rather talented at baking, and I have firsthand enjoyed his mouthwatering treats. He shows me pictures on his phone of Italy, his friends in the Volturi, and the places he's been, which is basically everywhere.

I was happily surprised when he told me Jane and him have phones. He explained they need them for missions to call their masters back in Italy, but I was excited to be able to keep it touch if things don't work out.

Both Jane and him have traveled everywhere, and I'm slightly more than envious and they know it! However, they both promised to take me somewhere after I change, which I look forward to immensely.

Edward and to be honest, the rest of the Cullen's, speak of the Volturi like they are evil and Alice wasn't exactly happy about how quickly I warmed up to them. I couldn't see why though, Jane and Demetri were amazing friends and the way they described it, the rest of the Volturi were like that too.

I knew the Cullen's would all blow a gasket if I told them of my plans to travel with Jane and Demetri if the fight ended well. Which they all assured me, would.

Jane interrupted my inner musing,
"Bella, Demtetri called. Everything is in place. Alice and Esme will be staying with you here. We will call as soon as possible. Please, please, please, don't do anything stupid." She told me as she changed into my clothing.

Jane was dressing herself in many layers of my clothing and perfume, so it would mask her vampiric scent. Hopefully Edward would come to her where she was positioned in the forest and she'd be wearing a brown wig and brown contacts. Then, she'd use her gift and Emmet would decapitate him while Jasper and the others would be fighting off the allies.