prologue

1!
   2!
      3!

"Here is your winner and the new WWE Women's Champion, Sasha Banks!"

Tears tumbled mercilessly down the young woman's face as the referee raised her hand high at the grandest stage of them all, WrestleMania.

For once in her life she was proud. She was proud of the journey she had hiked amongst, and she was proud of herself for finally reaching the sweet destination she'd always dreamed of.

A dream she grasped between her fingertips for her entire life, and when put to the test in the biggest match of her career- she prevailed. She deserved this, and she knew she did.

Way down the dimly lit ramp, she gazed back with blurry eyes at the people whom were also very much proud of not only her accomplishment, but her journey. For the journey is the most important part.

Hunter hadn't said one word, he didn't need to. He knew she worked for this, no extra pleasantries to pull her through.

He held her face, wiped her tears, and pulled her in to a warm embrace.

Sasha turned her head and saw Mr. Owens- wide, proud and toothy smile and all. Her dearest friend. Tears collected in his eyes because of how proud he was of the feisty Boston native.

Miss Banks moved in to Kevin's arms and cried on his broad shoulder. Except for once, the many tears falling on to his shirt were tears of joy.

Once the emotional pair parted from their embrace, a mere five seconds passed and a warm tap on the shoulder made her turn to face yet another proud grin.

Hazel to chocolate, they both gazed at each other in awe. Perhaps the emotions became too much? Because in a sudden movement he pulled her in to his chest, burying all of her tears in to his heartbeat.

He caressed the back of her head as her mascara stained his shirt. He hadn't a care in the world. He wanted her in his embrace, it didn't feel alien in the slightest- it felt like home to him.

She loved the feeling of his body pressed against hers, shielding her from the bright stage lights and overwhelming attention that they were never able to escape from.

But she knew. She knew harsh reality all too well. Due to the presence of the woman sitting deviously in the front row, he would never be able to hold her in his embrace like this again.

Zahra...

two months later

"I don't know Byron, Seth looks hurt!" The anxious Boston native watched closely backstage as the mess of blonde, black and blue rolled out of the ring and limped to the apron.

Referees and WWE Medical Personnel rushed over to him, trying to help him to the back.

She knew he was hurt. She could tell by the pain and evident agony that swam through his features.

He was brought to safety and placed in a sturdy wheelchair. Crowded by doctors and refs, Miss Banks tried her best to reach him but it proved to be a hard task considering the small frame she was gifted as a body.

She was nearing close to him, passing by the people gathered round. A ginger haired man with a sharp face whom was standing alongside a tired looking brunette gazed amongst her.

Closer and closer, a certain snake slithered sneakily in to the bosses pathway.

"Just what do you think you're doing?"

"I- Im checking on Seth."

A snarky laugh echoed through the tight hall space.

"Oh, that's so sweet isn't it. Listen honey, he doesn't have time for you. He needs his girlfriend, not his last choice. Don't let that title around your waist convince you that you're worth something to him, because you're not. Get it through your thick skull, you are nobody. No one. Now be a good girl and walk your ass back to the trash can you crawled out of. Goodbye."

The Boston native went to speak but choked on her words.

The snake slithered around and followed the crowd with an ego bigger than the plastic sown in to her rear end.

Miss Banks did what had become almost like a routine for her, she gave in and walked away.

Little did she know- that was going to be the last time she would see Mr. Rollins for a while....