Part 25

Part Twenty-Five :

Five Days Later. I'm so unfortunate. With that thought on mind, the human girl recalled everything that ever happened. Been refused by her two out of her several mates. Almost killed by her vampire mate. Taken by some werewolf. Locked up in an underground place by her werewolf mate. Rys bit her lips as she looked at the ground. "Life hates me."

     Ever since she exploded, Howl decides to be quiet whenever he feeds her. He knows that the human girl hasn't moved on from it. Watching her in silence, the werewolf observed the way she sniffed her pancake before gently shoving it to her mouth with a fork.

     It's funny that habit of hers to be cautious with the food he gives hasn't vanished. Howl wanted to laugh but stop himself.

     As if he would kill her.

     Rys's green eyes twinkled once she got a taste of the food. She slowly chewed it. The chocolate sauce greatly complimented the pancakes. "I can see the reason why you're obsessed with Candy," she cannot help but mumble.

     Howl snapped his attention to her. Obsessed? What is she talking about? Well, her statement is true; but somehow, he felt sadness in her voice. He bit his lips and glanced away.

     "I guess..." His voice trailed off.

     Rys rolled her eyes. I guess? Well, it's so obvious that he's so obsessed with this Candy. Giving off a scoff, she rested her back on the wall. The human girl got to admit that she's slowly getting comfortable in this place.

     "How did you meet Candy anyways?" she asked with curiosity. Not noting how personal the question is, the man let out a dreamy sigh at the reminiscences of their first meetings. Rys pursed her lips, trying to buckle herself up from the heartbreak. It's alright, she assured to herself.

    ***

He's still a teen back then. A fifteen years old pup who knows nothing but to sleep all day long. He could almost resemble Tyre before. Current Howl would be nothing right now if he hadn't meet with Candy. Candy is the girl that their deceased parents decided to arrange him with.

      At first, Howl thought that Candy is just like the rest. But no, she isn't. She isn't a b*tch, an attention seeker, or even a spoiled brat that would always disturb his sleep.

     "Look at her, Howl."

      Uh, no.

     "Aw, isn't she pretty?"

       Young Howl clicked his tongue but still gave the young girl a short glance. He found the girl slightly blushing at the sight of his handsome face. As his parents had said, she's actually pretty; but he found her just like the rest.

     He frowned. "Common," he retorted.

     Everyone gasped at his statement. His mother sent him a glare while his father put a hand on his mate's shoulder for comfort. The other couple shook their head in disapprovement. Candy blushed to herself but it's because of the embarrassment. Crossing her arms, she glared at him.

     "That's just mean, you know!"

     "Duh."