Chapter 13

Two weeks. Fourteen days. Three hundred thirty six hours. Twenty thousand one hundred sixty minutes. One million two hundred nine thousand six hundred seconds. That's how long it has been since I was released from the hospital. It's also how long I won't be able to fight. Lastly, it's how long I haven't talked to Zander.

I was in the hospital for a week to heal. Once they thought I was stable enough to come home, they let me come home. It's been two weeks since I've gotten home. Three weeks since the accident. Two weeks since I haven't talked to Zander.

It's not like we're avoiding each other. We just haven't talked. At school we look at each other, but don't speak. I don't know if it has to do with his reputation, but he seems like that kind of person who just doesn't give a fuck about what other people think. He seems like the guy who does what he wants, when he wants to do it. He is that guy, so the reason we aren't talking is unspecified.

We did go through a lot in that one week. We were on speaking terms to begin with which was a huge surprise. Why would he want to talk to me?? I also found out he is The Bar. I also got partnered to do a project with him. He also came to my house. He also joined me for dinner. He also took me to my first high school party. I also spilled my huge secret to him. I also told him about my dead brother. He also told me about his dad. He also told me about his mom. We also found out that we actually have a lot in common, more than I would like to think.

All of that in the short span of one week. If you don't call that an action packed week, I don't know what is.

Considering how much we now knew about each other, we still haven't talked for two weeks. I don't know if I did something or what! I guess you could say that I got used to Zander's company. To be without it for two weeks has been driving me crazy. Who though that I, CarlyAnna Marie Spears, would ever miss, the notorious bad boy, Zander Barns? Not me. If you told me that I would miss Zander Barns company a few weeks ago, I would laugh in your face, slap you for being so stupid, and continue laughing. Now, I don't even know what I'd do because I know it's the truth.

Two whole weeks without Zander and I'm attached. God, I sound like one of his fan girls.

Waking up on a Sunday morning sucks. Call me unholy, whatever. I gave up on going to church four years ago when my parents stepped up their working time. They didn't have time to bring me to church because they needed enough sleep before going to work their eleven hour shift. So no, church is kind of out of the loop. What sucks about waking up on a Sunday morning is that that is the beginning of the last day of the weekend. Sucks, right? What made this Sunday morning worse than most you ask. The fact that I was woken up by a loud knocking noise.

It can't be mother or father because they decided to go on a two week trip to Turks and Caicos as a second honey moon before mother couldn't go on a plane no more. They said it had to do with family bonding. You know, it doesn't help if the child of your family is missing the family bonding. So much for fucking family. They can find the time to take off work and go on vacation, but when it comes to paying attention to me, I'm like a piece of dirt. But in conclusion, the knocking can't be my parents.

It's probably just a UPS guy dropping off a package letting me know it's delivered. I'll get it later. With that solution, I tried to drift back into beautiful sleep. But the knocking didn't stop and that's when I realized that I actually have to get my ass out of bed and go to the door to open it.

I was never a morning person and staying up watching Netflix, stalking hot boys Instagram, and watching the stupidest YouTube videos ever until three in the morning didn't help my situation.

I groan and get out of my comfortable, loving bed.

"I'll be back later," I whisper to it as I head out of my bedroom door. I didn't look in the mirror because as soon as I do, I know that I will want to get started on making myself look presentable. This person is just going to have to deal with my morning mess. Dragging my feet to the front door I open it without looking through the peephole because who actually uses that? I see Zander standing there and a sudden rage pulses through me. Is he seriously waking me up at, I look at the wall clock, six thirty five? That douche. He gives me a small smile and I turn around walking into my kitchen. It's too early, must have coffee. He takes that little thing I just pulled, as a invitation to come in, "Who invited you?" I ask him. He looks at me as I make my coffee, trying to use only my right hand because using my left hurts like hell with the stitches in it. One more week with these stupid stitches and then, hopefully, this whole situation will be over.

"Not much of a morning person I see," I look at Zander rolling my eyes. Who is? "Well, we need to talk."

"Zander, you can't break up with me if we were never together." I say referring to his break up line that he used.

"I'm serious." He says looking me in the eyes.

"Hello serious, I'm Carly. Nice to meet you." I put my right hand out offering a handshake.

"Not even fully awake yet, but sarcasm still shoots out of your mouth. Now shut up. I'm serious."

"You already told me that. I'm Carly." It's so fun pissing him off. Especially after he woke me up this early.

"Carly." He warns.

"Fine! Let me get my coffee though." After making my coffee, I offer Zander a cup which he takes, and we walk over and sit on the couch to talk.

"So..."

Major déjà vu bro.

----
Word count:1,098
7/13/16
A/N:
Literally squeezing this in. Five minutes until midnight. I feel like a rebel.

Okay! So like every authors note, short and sweet. We're almost to 100 reads! Yay! Short af, but idgaf!

Follow me on social media:
Twitter:amadp_123
Instagram:amadp_123

Lots of love,
Ana<3