[24] hostage

Thanks to @SnowHusky123 for reminding me that Sky hasn't been able to narrate for a while.

Let's see... fifteen more chapters?

-

-

-

- Sky's POV -

-

Sky hadn't had this much of a challenge since he fought the Kraken. 

He and Mitch were fighting endlessly, neither of them about to back down.

Until a loud voice shouted, "EVERYONE, STOP WHERE YOU ARE!"

Mitch and Sky both lowered their swords, looking over to the center of the room.

Lord Aphmau held Max, who was unconscious, by the neck, the edge of her blade dangerously close to Max's neck. "If you want him to live, give up. Give up and come with us, Seven of Love, and we will let your friends walk out of here alive."

Shelby was standing a few feet away from Lord Aphmau, her forehead glistening with sweat. She glared daggers at the evil Lord. "Never."

Lord Aphmau only smirked and moved her sword closer. Sky could see beads of blood starting to form on Max's neck.

"STOP IT!" Ross screamed. (I originally said Nick, but I changed it for the content.)

"Give up!" Lord Aphmau snarled.

Mitch gave Sky a crooked grin. The same one Preston had given them. "Do you even care for your friend? Well, if you do, he's about to die."

Sky growled at him, raising his sword threateningly.

Mitch's grin vanished, replaced by a sneer. 

"Boys!" Lord Aphmau snapped. She lifted her sword away from Max's neck and pointed it to Sky. "Put your weapon away. I've already cut him. Soon, the poison will spread to his heart, and he'll die."

"Okay, okay!" Shelby said. She desummoned her sword.

"Shelby?" Cory asked. 

"I'll go. Just let them go," Shelby said.

"Shelby, no!" Cory yelled.

"Take another step forward, Shelby, and I'll let him go," Lord Aphmau said.

Shelby looked at Cory apologetically, before taking another step.

Max fell to the ground with a thud!

Shelby looked up at Lord Aphmau. "At least let me heal him."

Lord Aphmau narrowed her eyes. "Fine. But make it quick."

Shelby took a deep breath, and knelt down to Max. She placed her hands over his neck. A familiar pink glow filled the room, before the black disappeared and the wound closed.

"Now come with me, Seven of Love," Lord Aphmau said. She turned to the Pack. "Go. Tell the Head we have her."

The Pack disappeared. Mitch gave Sky one last smug grin, before vanishing.

Shelby took a step forward, but Sky noticed something different about her footsteps.

She nudged Max lightly with her right foot.

Max shot up straight and looked at Lord Aphmau, then at Shelby.

He blasted Lord Aphmau in the face with fire.

Lord Aphmau screamed and stumbled back.

Shelby resummoned her sword and swiped at Lord Aphmau. She kicked the evil Lord backwards.

"RUN!" she screamed.

Sky ran to the door. He summoned the winds to help him open the doors. He jammed his sword between the two doors blocking their exit. The doors blew forward.

"Go, go, go!" he yelled.

They all ran out of the doors. Sky wondered what the Evil was thinking right now - six teenagers running out of their headquarters with the Seven of Love.

They made it a few yards away, before a puddle of water in front of them started changing shape.

It slowly grew, before taking the shape of a woman.

She had bubblegum-pink hair and piercing blue eyes. She wore blue armor and was wielding a blue dagger.

"Where do you think you're going?" she snarled.

"Who are you?" Cory demanded. 

"My name is Lizzie. I'm part of the Arcane Seven, and I'm the Seven of Water."