sept

"Alessandra, hey!" I greeted my favorite girl on the phone. "What's up?" I asked as I stepped out of the house to get away from the loud music and raving teenagers.

"Not much. Just in my dorm. Are you busy?" she replies in her cute husky and sleepy voice.

"No, no. Never busy for you. I'm at a party. Do you want me to pick you up?"

"Oh... a lot of hot girls there, huh?" I pretty much heard that smartass smirk on her perfect face, making me laugh.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you though," I admitted as I dodged the question.

"Think of me when you're making out with your side hoes, loser."

"What makes you think that my main isn't here? Maybe you're my side hoe."

"You wish. I'm too good to be a side."

"That's true," I surrendered with an exaggerated sigh. "Can I come over? I... I might kind of maybe miss you a little."

"I'll be waiting."

I smiled. "Okay. See you in a bit."

"I might maybe miss you too, by the way," I heard her mumble really quickly before she ended the call.

I drove over to her dorm in record time.

Shuffling sounds were heard from the other side of the door before it opened. I was greeted by the smiling face of the woman who had all of my heart.

I felt my heart stop for a second when I took in how ethereal she looked dressed down in her boxers, huge shirt, and messy bun. Fighting the urge to kiss her was excruciating. 1 month of seeing each other, and we still haven't gone as far as kissing. And I didn't mind. That's how I knew I really liked her.

And as disgustingly cheesy as it may sound, I felt... whole when I saw her. And it was strange because I've never felt that way before.

"Hi," I breathed out. "I... um... hi. You look absolutely incredible."

She blushed. "You look wasted."

I laughed as I walked inside her room. It was filled with records, paintings, and books—a combination of things that only heartbreakers keep.

"I don't even drink," I replied. "How flattering." I sat down on the edge of her bed and she lied down, her head resting comfortably on my lap.

She took my hand and kissed it. "I'm kidding. You know you look hot."

"Of course. Who doesn't?"

She sighed contentedly with a relaxed smile. "How was your day?"

"Oh, you know, the usual. Slept with different women, sold drugs, spray painted the walls of the university," I said as casually as I could.

She laughed, and my world kind of grew a little brighter. "Slept with different girls, huh?"

"I literally just told you that I may be a drug pusher and vandal, yet you focused on the fact that I may have been promiscuous?" I asked with a smirk.