• 0.3 •

Ava and Bella had spent a lot of time together after the movie. They had hung out nearly every day for the two weeks after Jacob's fit and Ava had seen the pain Bella was going through. She kept calling him and never got a callback. She was constantly down and after the story, she had told Ava about seeing wolves, she was worried about her.

Ava, however, had been getting a lot of school work done and had caught up to the rest of her grade in the weeks since moving to La Push. Since then she had also seen the effect Jacob's fit had on Quil too. Quil was down another friend and didn't have many left. She had taken him out for lunch and dinner a few times since but that wasn't going to do. She needed to do something fast.

In a fit of rage, she was in her car in minutes and driving to the cliffs where she had seen the Quileute boys jumping from multiple times. She parked to the side of the road and got out. Looking over she saw she'd come at the right time with about four tan boys playing and pushing each other around the edge. It was then she realized one of them was Embry. Now blinded by rage she stormed over there and soon found herself nearing Embry. They all turned around as she walked up the hill, laughing until they saw her.

"Ava?" Embry asked but couldn't get anything else out.

"What did you do to him?" She seethed looking over at Sam. Jacob had told her of Sam and his cult.

"What?" Sam asked extremely confused.

"What did you do to Embry and Jacob?" She rephrased her last sentence.

"I did nothing," Sam said straightening his back and looming over her trying to intimidate her, but it didn't work.

"Yes, you did! They were my cousin's best friends, how could you take them away like that? I don't know who you think you are but listen here buddy, if you try and take Quil from me you'll get hell." She was so angry and the words just kept pouring out. By the end, the other three boys were all laughing. She looked at all of them until her eyes landed on the end one. He was at least 6 feet tall and muscular, with traditional brown eyes and black hair of the reservation. Their eyes met and he immediately stopped laughing. She suddenly felt attracted to the stranger. Breaking eye contact from him she looked back to Sam who was staring at the end boy too.

"Paul," Sam said and Paul immediately looked up to him. A look of realization spread across his face as he took one more look at Ava then ran off into the woods.

"Jared follow him, I'll be there in a minute." Jared nodded and ran in the direction Paul had. "Ava, I need you to leave and not come back. Quil will eventually get Jacob and Embry back but now isn't his time so just stay away." Ava looked between Sam and Embry a few times before she huffed and stormed off. It was official: Ava Grayson hated Sam's stupid cult.

Jumping back in her car she sped off to the Swan's house. Upon arrival, she parked her car in place of Charlie's and swung the front door open.

"Bella!" She yelled,"Bella get down here!" She repeated and flopped down on the lounge. Bella came running down the stairs and her eyes immediately searched the room for any sign of danger until they landed on Ava.

"Oh My God Ava you scared the hell out of me! I thought someone had been hurt!" Ava told the girl to take a seat and relayed everything that had happened with Sam and the boys to her. Then Bella told her about how she saw Jacob today as well. They talked for a while but decided to leave it and figure something out when the time came.

Obviously, Bella couldn't wait that long because at 9 the next morning she drove to the Ataera home and woke Ava up.

"What Bella? We said we'd figure something out later." Ava mumbled pulling the covers up over her head.

"But I have figured something out Ava!" Bella yelled pulling the blanket off the sleepy girl. Ava then gave up. She got out of the bed and told Bella to make coffee. Within 10 minutes Ava was in the car, fully dressed with a coffee in her hands.

"So what are we doing?" Ava asked, her brain finally awake.

"Well, Jake came to see me last night." Ava turned to look over at Bella with wide eyes.

"What?"

"I know right, I was shocked too. But he kept repeating stuff about having a secret and he told me to remember a tribe story he had told me once. About the cold-blooded ones and-"

"The shapeshifters." Ava finished with Bella. Everyone on the Res had heard that story before and could tell it off by heart.

"What does his secret have to do with some stupid tribe story?" Ava asked trying to connect the dots.

"I don't know but that's where we're going now." Ava nodded and sat back closing her eyes. They made it to the Black house within minutes and Bella was out the car in seconds. She stormed over to the house with Ava following behind her. Knocking on the door, the pair waited for one of the Black's to answer. Billy opened the door.

"Bella, Ava." He said with a nod looking between the two girls.

"We need to see him." Ava blurted out.

"He's not in." Ava looked over at Bella as she contemplated something.

"I'm sorry, we really need to see him," Bella said as she ran past Billy and into the house.

"Bella! Ava!" Billy shouted as the first girl opened Jacobs bedroom door. They were both surprised to see him asleep. Ava looked up as she heard a shouting noise and saw Sam and his cult from the other day heading towards the house. She stormed out with Bella hot on her heels.

"What did you do?!" Ava asked him again. "What did you do? What did you do?" Ava asked pushing Sam slightly. Although this had no effect on him.

"Hey watch it." A boy on her left said reaching for her.

"Easy," Sam said pointing towards him, immediately calming him.

"He didn't want this!" Bella yelled stepping in front of Ava.

"What did we do?" Ava recognized this boy as Paul from the other day. "What did he do? What did he tell you?" He asked looking from Bella to Ava.

"All of you, calm down," Sam said sternly pushing Paul back.

"Nothing he tells me nothing because he's scared of you." The boys laughed at this.

"Bella," Ava said grabbing her arm, trying to pull her away. Bella pushed Ava away slightly but she lost her balance and Ava fell on the ground.

"Ava oh my god I'm sorry." Bella apologized turning around and helping her off the ground. By the time they turning around again, Paul was shaking violently.

"Too late now," Embry said smirking as he looked from Bella to Paul to Ava.

"Bella, Ava, get back!" They immediately took his advice. "Paul! Calm down now!" But it was too late, Paul was on the ground in seconds and animalistic growls were coming out of the man. The girls started running backward as Paul shifted into a wolf and lunged at Bella as he did so. He stood growling as the two ran towards the house when they saw Jacob.

"Bella! Ava!" Jacob said jumping over the railing on the balcony and onto the grass.

"Jake run!" Bella screamed back at him but he just kept running towards them. "Jake run!" Bella repeated. But as they were about to collide, Jacob jumped into the air and shifted into a wolf very much like Paul did. The two girls ducked and fell to the ground, huddling together.

The wolves growled at each other until they ran into each other, falling to the ground and crashing off into the forest. Ava sat there crying next to Bella who was off in a daze.

"Hey!" Sam yelled to the remaining boys while staring at the shocked girls. "Take Ava and Bella back to Emily's place." He then took off.

"I guess the wolves out of the bag," Quil said as they jogged towards them. They gave them a hand up and took them back to Bella's truck. Both girls sat in the back, still huddled together as they headed for 'Emily's place'.