• 0.5 •

Ava yawned as she sat up glaring at the boy who had woken her up. Quil stood at the end of her bed smiling at her.

"Quil! Go away!" She yelled at her younger cousin.

"Well I would but..." He trailed on,"I'm going over to Sam's for lunch and Mum told me to take you." He said trying to pull the blanket off her.

Ava contemplated her answer,"Can you give me an hour." Quil shook his head.

"What? To sleep? More like look pretty for Paul." Quil teased. Ava sat up and threw a pillow at him that Quil caught and threw back. He walked out of her room telling her she had 20 minutes.

"Stupid werewolf genes giving you stupid fast reflexes." She grumbled under her breath earning a loud laugh from Quil in the room next door. After that, she got up and threw on some jeans and a t-shirt.

As soon as she was out of her bedroom, she was whisked out the front door and into the car. Her and Quil sat singing along to whatever was on the radio in that short trip. When they arrived and got out of the car Paul came running out of the house. When he saw it was her his face lit up.

"Hey!" He yelled out to them. They both replied with a simple hey back as they met up with him on the deck. When she walked in everyone turned to her.

"Ava!" Emily exclaimed walking towards her. She hugged her and tugged her into the next room. Glancing back at Paul once more, Ava smiled softly at the dark boy then disappeared into the living room.

"Ava meet Jared's imp- girlfriend Kim!" The two girls exchanged smiles and introductions. Pretty soon they were all sitting discussing interests and such when Paul ducked his head in the room.

"Hey, guys can I borrow Ava for a bit?" Their eyes met and she turned back to Emily and Kim who were exchanging giggles and glances.

"Yes of course, but don't be out too late!" Emily said as Ava walked over to Paul.

"See ya!" Ava said as she followed the boy out the door.

"Where are we going?" Ava asked Paul as they walked across the grass. Passing the other boys Ava heard them hoot and laugh. Turning around to look at them all she stuck her tongue out and kept walking.

"I thought we could go on a walk on the beach?" Paul said,"Unless you don't like the beach or walking and then we could get ice cream or something." He stumbled out nervously.

"Paul calm down, walking on the beach is fine. I actually haven't gone since I got back to La Push." She explained.

Paul sighed and smiled down at her. She nudged him playfully and laughed at him when he didn't even stumble. She then stopped dead in her tracks and soon Paul did too.

"What?" Paul asked worriedly. She just smiled.

"Last one to the beach is a rotten egg!" She yelled as she pushed past him.

"You're on!" She heard him yell behind her.

Nearing the beach Ava jumped down onto the sand just before Paul did.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Ava repeated throwing her hands up and walking around in a circle,"I beat a werewolf!" She laughed. He laughed at how goofy she was. Thinking nothing of it Paul ran up to her and hugged her torso to his then lifted her and spun.

She screamed, "Paul! Oh my God!" She laughed out. He put her down shortly after but left his hands on her waist. They laughed for a bit until Ava realised how close they were. She coughed and Paul let her go. She wasn't ready for that and she didn't even know if Paul liked her.