Part Six: It all comes back

'Who was the man who came and visited you yesterday?' Detective Willow said in his stern voice. The same detective who investigated me three years ago and founded me guilty of murder.
'I don't know! For god sake just let me go.' I had been sat there for hours, they said there was some import news but they won't tell me. I couldn't stop thinking about the man from yesterday. Ace...who are you? I feel like I should know him but i have no clue. Was he a friend of that Ryan'? No he cant be, why would he visit his murderer. A cousin? Sent from my mother? No he would of said instead of messing with me. 

'..a new statement..' wait what? what did Willow say?

'Huh?' I looked up at him.

'Someone has come forward with some pretty strong evidence to suggest your innocent, your case is being reopened.' 

'Who came forward? What will happen to me?' I pulled my self toward the table i could feel my self lifting towards him like a eager child waiting for chocolate.

'We will have to wait but if someone is kind enough to pay for your bail you may be released as there is a lot of evidence to look at. Were not sure, the evidence was sent last month but we were not allowed to tell you until now. You have been called he because....'

He was interrupted by his partner opening the door.

'Sir come quick!' he quickly walks out the door and i watch as the door clicks shut. Who could have proof of me not doing it? Was it Ace? I placed my face in my hands, my body shook with fear like that night three years ago.Whats going on, why cant people just stay out of it. i just got use to the fact i was about to spend the rest of my life in here, now there's hope i can leave and now I'm confused, I'm scared. I'm just want to be free. I stood up from my chair and started pacing the floor. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact there's some evidence to actually back me up. Why come out three years later? Ugh. 

I ended sitting against the wall with head in my hands waiting for him to come back. Seconds felt like minutes and minutes were hours.