24. unavoidable

Chapter 24.

The clock tick loudly turning 11:58 am

letting out another sigh Paris slouch in her seat tuning the professor out

she just wanted to go home to the new apartment her and London got two weeks ago.

She hadn't had time to finish unpacking her things but with the winter vacation starting today she knew she had to get it done since she was flying out to visit her mom and her brothers.

At first she didn't want to go fearing she might run into King and she wasn't ready to be confronted about the situation that happened a month ago,.

but her brothers insisted for her to come, because she didn't come over for thanksgiving break which had saddened her mom, so it had been a while since she seen her mom in which at the end she gave in and book her a ticket for her to leave tomorrow.

The time seem to be going tremendously slow, it felt like five minutes went by when in reality the clock only turned 11:59.

One more minute Paris thought bouncing her leg up and down out of impatience.

Paris couldn't wait, She was craving her mom's cooking and she wanted to finish unpacking before leaving.

Hearing the Clock tick and seeing the little hand and the big hand on the 12 Paris heart jump for joy.

she quickly packed her books getting ready to leave when her joy turned into dread hearing the words her professor stated

"Everyone's dismissed except for Ms. Johnson, I need to have a word with you"

Paris watch everyone leave wishing she was part of them as She sat glued in her chair thinking if she leave would he notice her.

Groaning loudly she walked up to her professor wondering why he needed to speak to her, she wasn't failing the class last time she checked,

She came up blank when she search through her head for the reason why the professor wanted to talk to her.

standing in front of her professor desk For the first time, she finally got a good look at him, He looked around his mid 50's, his eyes were blue with a spec of green,  his grey hairs were becoming visible for people to see and he had a bald spot in the middle of his head.

"Sir, You wanted to have a word with me " she asked twiddling her fingers.

He put his glasses on and looked up at her "ah, yes, Ms. Johnson, I couldn't help but notice you have been dozing off in the middle of my lectures. Why is that?" He questioned.

Paris look around in nervousness feeling like a high schooler who got caught sleeping in class.

There were 157 student in the class, out of all the students that be sleep during his lecture he spotted her.

" I just have a lot going on right now, it won't happen again, I promise."

He nodded in understanding " excellent, I'll hold on to that promise. I wouldn't want you to not graduate because of one easy class you could of pass by just staying up during the lectures, plus I see potential in you, I've been grading your papers and you got what it takes to pass this class. Just keep this in mind your almost there, keep pushing through till you make it."