(30)

Noah

Nervousness was an underestimation to what I was feeling.

I was now in the process of driving to Jackson. I was going to give him the money.

I shouldn't have taken the money from Alexa. I could've easily asked mom and dad and just explained that I was street fighting but they would've been so angry with me. My family is a peaceful one, they despised fighters and wrestling. And I never actually told them about my accident; so I was gonna be killed if I uttered anything. I complete driving as in front of the gym and I park. I already dropped Alexa home and just sped towards the gym with shaky hands and an envelope containing 5,000$. Shit. I put my motorcycle into parking mode and the climb off it, taking in a shaky breath as I get off it and going inside.

"What's up, Black? Finally had the guts to show up and not being like the coward we all know you are?" the man at the door that I always forget what his name was says as I approach him to get in with a laugh. I smile at him awkwardly as I push past him and get inside. I keep my head down as the sound of skin slapping against punching bags and skin hitting against other people's skins was heard as well as some metal rock song. I keep my head down and my ears open as I head towards Jackson's office. I knock once and then I hear a 'Come in', I open the door to see Jackson looking over some printed papers, probably the fights of next week. When he sees me he plasters a fake smile over his face as he puts his hands in the air.

"Black, what an extreme displeasure to see you here!" he says with evil-like enthusiasm. I glare at him as I sigh.

"Look, I am just here to give you the money." I say as I look at him. His eyebrows raise up as he looks at me in bewilderment.

"You got the money? Good boy." He says as he pats my shoulder like a toddler. I continue to glare at him as he pulls me to sit on a chair beside his desk. I grab the envelope from my belt and I hand him the money. Jackson smirks at e as he grabs the money and starts counting it. Once he was sure it was complete, he smiles at me.

"So, you're going to leave me alone from now on, right?" I say. Jackson pretends to think about it as he hums. I suppress a scoff.

As if he can think anyways. My conscious says in an annoyed voice as I silently agree with it.

"Yeah, I don't need any of your shit now, you can go and please, don't ever come back; this place is not for cowards." He says as he dismisses me with his hand as if shooing a fly. I set my jaw.

"I guess you're the coward, then." I say as I cross my arm. Jackson falters in his moves and looks at me weirdly.

"What?" he grits.

"I've never seen you fight, you know? Any pup here can take you in a second. You're a coward for threatening my girlfriend when you could've just faced me, I think you're even afraid I might kick your ass, you piece of shit." I say, walking towards him as I stand up, hovering above him. He gulps audibly as he tries to compose himself.

"Get out." He says, his voice betraying him and cracking in the end. I smirk as I back away.

"Oh, I am going out of this nasty place, but one thing, Jackson, if you ever come near my girlfriend again; I will personally screw you up. Okay?" I say as his face pales a bit. I smile at him sweetly as I feel the weight I had on my shoulders for the past years lift up immensely as I head out of the gym smiling like an idiot to myself. I get on my bike ignoring the man on the door's sassy comments as I escort myself away. In what felt like seconds, I was parking in front of my house and racing up the stairs, I said a quick 'Hello' to mom and dad as they were both sitting in the living room and then I race up to June's room. I barge in startling her as I jump on her bed and pull her in a bone-crushing hug. She laughs as she hugs me back and pulls away.