32

I fall to my knees and hug myself. I just killed my best friend, even if it was fake it was real to me for my whole life.

I feel a hand touch my shoulder softly and warmth spread through my skin. I look up at Austin who smiles sadly.

He throws a shirt over my head and helps me up, my legs are still weak so he holds me up. His arms go tightly around my waist and his head rests on my shoulder.

"I thought you were dead Maia." He cries "I thought I'd never see you again, that you were gone for good. I love you so much Maia and I promise that I will never let go of you again."

"I'm sorry I made you suffer like that, but I had to make The Dark One believe that I was dead otherwise I couldn't of beaten him. I love you Austin, more than you can ever imagine." I say kissing him.

I kissed him like never before. To make up for missed time and to make it up to him. To say sorry for the pain I caused him.

He pulls away and breathes heavily, I smile and he gives me his most breath-taking smile in return.

"Let's get you home." He says pecking my lips then picking me up bridal style.

***

6 months later

"Mom, where are we going?" I groan in annoyance, I can't see anything due to the blindfold my mom tied around my eyes.

"Wait and see, your so impatient." She groans in annoyance. Then she pulls my hand and I hear a door open and whispering.

"Well so-rry." I laugh as she pulls me forward again.

Suddenly the blindfold is whipped off me and everyone in the room comes into view.

"Surprise!" They all shout excitedly making me jump. I laugh as everybody comes to give me a hug, they all hold me tight.

"Guys, I need to breathe!" I exclaim laughing as they all pull away.

Liz, Kaitlin, My mom, Jenny and Louis' new mate River. He found her about a month ago now, they were fully mated in a few days.

She is super nice, with bright red hair and stormy grey eyes. She is a werewolf as well, she was from a pack about 5 days away.

She came here with her brother and father, the Alpha of her pack. Her father was having a meeting with Austin and brought River along.

I look around the room and smile, it's full of pink and blue balloons with ribbons to match. There are presents covering the table in the middle of the room.

On one side there is a jug of pink lemonade with lemons and pieces of mint in it, my favourite. Next to it are sandwiches and sweet kebabs.

A banner hangs from one side of the room to the other saying 'Congratulations!'

"Thank you so much guys!" I say with water in my eyes.

"Happy baby shower, sweetie!" My mom exclaims giving me a quick hug.

"Come on! I want to watch her open the presents!" Kaitlin exclaims clapping her hands, the ring on her left hand glistens in the light.