2 - the journey home

Author's Notes – I don't claim to own Inuyasha or any of the characters from the anime or manga. Things types in bold is used for the demons speech and things typed in italic is used for mental speech. Please feel free to leave your comments and tell me what you think. Thanks!

Two – The journey home

Kagome awoke the next morning finding herself in the boys muscular arms as she hardly remembered passing out. She moved hardly feeling any pain in her ankle or from her head. The boys injuries were very bad and she had no clue of how long he has been trapped down here. He needed to get treatment. Kagome grabbed her backpack slinging it onto the boys broad shoulders as she moved getting underneath the boy lifting him onto her back. She was surprised at how incredibly light the boy was.

'Thank goodness that he is sound asleep. Now I can focus on getting us out of here and home.' Kagome thought to herself as she slowly headed in a direction that she felt was right. Even though she had never been here before, it felt as if she may have been here before in a previous life. Kagome was even shocked that her keys and the numbers that she had tired worked freeing the boy of his captivity. She began to wonder why this boy was chained up there for anyway. Kagome could feel herself blushing as she realized at how truly captivating this boy looked. 'Get a hold of yourself Kagome. You know nothing about him not even his name and you are all ready going gooey eye over him as if you love him.' She muttered mentally to herself as she had finally found the exist.

It took Kagome almost the entire day for her to walk home to the Shinto Shrine where her and her family lived. Her younger brother Sota was sweeping up the front walkway as Kagome managed the last step collapsing in exhaustion.

"Oh my god...mom, grandpa, Kagome is back!" yelled out Sota. Kagome's mother and grandfather came running to find Kagome at the last step of the top stairs next to the pillar carrying an unconscious boy on her back.

"Oh my dear lord, Kagome what happened?" her mother asked. Kagome was breathing rather hard unable to answer her mother's question. She couldn't bring herself to tell them what really happened so, she lied.

"I found him this morning after spending the night in a safe house. It looks like demons had attacked him. I managed to sprain my ankle while trying to make it to a safe house last night before nightfall. I am sorry that I didn't call but my cell was out." Kagome replied. Kagome's grandfather took the injured boy off of Kagome's back.

"Sota quick go and boil some water and grab some bandages." the old man stated carrying off the injured boy.

"Come on Kagome let's go and take a look at your ankle." stated Kagome's mom.

"Mom is it possible to wait? I want to make sure that he is all right first." stated Kagome as her mother just simply nodded her head helping Kagome to the spare guest room where they had laid the boy down. Kagome's grandfather went to grab some herbs, oils, and lotions to use to treat the boys wounds. Kagome sat by the side of the bed stroking back the boys long raven locks. Her grandfather had laid him on his stomach in order to treat his wounds on his back first. Stamped on the back of the boys neck was several lines which looked like a bar code. Kagome traced her fingers over the lines wondering why they were branded into his skin? Could this be the reason why he was chained up in the underground lab? Kagome seemed to have more questions than answers. That's when she noticed a pair of silver military dog tags hanging from the boys neck. On the tags were engraved with several numbers which held some kind of significance as a name was engraved over the numbers. "Inuyasha." she stated under her breath. Kagome's grandfather entered the room treating the boys wounds carefully as Kagome watched. Once he was done they left the room to allow the boy to sleep. Kagome wouldn't tell her family the truth about the boy until she could confirm for herself what was going on.