13 - the final fight

Author's Notes – I don't claim to own Inuyasha or any of the characters from the anime or manga. Things types in bold is used for the demons speech, things typed in italic is used for mental speech, bold italics is used for demonic mental speech. Please feel free to leave your comments and tell me what you think. Thanks!

Thirteen – the final fight

Sesshomaru tuned at top speed as his claws turned into whirling green whips (poison claw) slashing any and all demons that came in his range. Any that managed to get past Sesshomaru found themselves cut down by crimson flashes of light (blades of blood). Both demon brothers panted as there was still a lot of demons left and Naraku had not made his move yet.

What is he waiting for? Sesshomaru growled mentally.

For us to tire down. Guessed Inuyasha as they could clearly see the moon beginning to blacken. Naraku then moved smashing through the temple grounds as they could clearly hear a human female cries. Naraku arose from the rubble with Kagome in his claws.

Kagome! The two demons howled in unison. Naraku tightened the coils of his body around Kagome's form as his claws laid near her slender throat.

Soon ultimate power shall be mine! This world has met it's match! Humanity shall bow down to us! Naraku laughed. Inuyasha could see blood dripping down Kagome's neck as her skin began to turn blue as she was being squeezed to death by Naraku. Anger and rage burned as one inside of Inyasha. The last rays of light were finally blocked off as power erupted from Inuyasha.

I will not allow you to harm my mate. I will not stand by and watch you destroy humanity. I will stop you Naraku! Snarled Inuyasha as his body began to be engulfed by the power as he began to transform into a new form, a form that combined all of Inuyasha's forms together as one. Inuyasha was still in battle form but his ears on top of his white mane of hair was his purple tip wolf ears, his eyes was that of his human form, his back legs transformed into that of his wolf hind legs with his twin purple tip tails thrashing by his side. Underneath his white mane of hair was also his black human hair as the rest of his form remained that of his battle form. Naraku's eyes widened considerably seeing Inuyasha take on this new form. Inuyasha moved so fast that nobody saw him as he attacked Naraku up close as golden flashes of light (wind scar) forced the demon to drop his hostage. Sesshomaru moved catching Kagome as she fell from the sky in his arms before she hit the ground.

'How did Inuyasha pull off that form? It isn't a form that have ever seen us take. Questioned Sesshomaru as he laid Kagome down on the ground. She wasn't breathing as Sesshomaru cursed out loud giving Kagome mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Breathe Kagome...I can't afford to loose you as my brother cares too much for you.' He stated mentally breathing into the teen. Kagome began to cough up blood into Sesshomaru's mouth as she began to breathe on her own. 'Thank goodness!' He stated before he began to feel the same power engulf his body transforming him into the same form that Inuyasha was in combining his three different forms together as one.

No it can't be...that power was supposed to be mine and mine alone! Snarled Naraku as he charged at the demon brothers. The two demons attacked as one combining their strongest attacks together (dragon strike and backlash wave). The two altered brothers stood in front of Kagome using the full brunt of their powers to destroy any and all demons with a combination of attacks (poison claw and blades of blood). They sent another blast combining all of their attacks at once at Naraku and the remaining demon horde (poison claw, blades of blood, wind scar, dragon strike, and backlash wave). How can this be...it isn't possible... snarled Naraku before the blast had completely incinerated him and the remaining demons. Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru roared in triumph as the planets began to shift back to normal.

"You have done it Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. You have destroyed Naraku and completed a prophecy that has been foretold. Now a new race can truly begin. Human and demons can now live together in peace." stated a voice in the wind. Both demons turned around to the sound of the voice to find Kagome standing up as a ghostly form of Kikyo had taken control over her body.

"Kagome...Kikyo...?" they asked in guttered growls.

"My spirit and soul had been reincarnated as Kagome but, she is not me and I am not her. I had died when Naraku had killed me after I had made sure that you two were safe. I could never truly part from you both as I left the items that would be needed with my descendants in order to hopefully have one of them find you. That person, my reincarnated self was Kagome. Now I can truly rest knowing that the world is safe at last. This is the truest form of you two that is the result of you both completing the prophecy. This is the form that you were both meant to be in from the start. I am proud of you my sons. Someday we shall meet again!" Kikyo stated vanishing from Kagome's body. Inuyasha caught his mate in his arms as the girl was clearly unconscious.