8 - enter monk Miroku

Author's Notes – I don't claim to own Inuyasha or any of the characters from the anime or manga. Things types in bold is used for the demons speech, things typed in italic is used for mental speech, bold italics is used for demonic mental speech. Please feel free to leave your comments and tell me what you think. Thanks!

Eight – enter monk Miroku

The Higurashi family stood there stunned staring wide eyed at Sesshomaru.

"Thank goodness that you are all right. It's all right this Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's older brother." Kagome stated gestering to Sesshomaru as the two demon brothers transformed back into their human forms. After back in their humans forms, Sesshomaru simply bowed his head. The Higurashi family looked at the three confused.

'Didn't Inuyasha tell them that he had no family. Maybe he didn't remember that he had any family.'

"What on Earth happened here?" Kagome asked observing the destroyed shrine.

"Demons attacked. They came looking for you Kagome." replied the grandfather. The two demon brothers cursed in their demonic tongues when they heard this.

'Why would demons come here looking for me? What does Naraku want from me?' Kagome thought to herself.

"Well all that matters is that everyone is safe. Perhaps it would be best if we get out of here before any demons come back." stated Inuyasha. Everyone agreed as they gathered what they could before leaving what is left of the temple.

As they traveled, Kagome told her family how they found Sesshomaru at the same place where she had found Inuyasha, what the demons actually were, and Kikyo's message. She left out a few things that she felt that she didn't need to tell her family about.

"I guess we should welcome you to our happily family Sesshomaru. It doesn't matter to us if you and/or Inuyasha are bio-engineered demons. From the time that Inuyasha started staying with us, we have come to think of him as family. That's before and even after we found out that he was a bio-engineered demon." stated Mrs. Higurashi. Sesshomaru never felt so touched by human words before. These people were definitely Kikyo's descendants as they had the same loving emotion and feeling to the two demons as often Kikyo would show to both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. Blood crystal tears glittered down Sesshomaru's face as Kagome quickly took her handkerchief out giving it to Sesshomaru. The older demon almost forgot that some of his demonic attributes were noticeable when he was in human form. He had to style his hair in order to hide his pointed ears. There was nothing he could do about his demonic markings as he wore pair of sunglasses to hide his cat-like eyes.

I envy you Inuyasha, I wish that I could look more human the way you do. Sesshomaru stated mentally wiping away his blood tears before handing back Kagome her handkerchief.

Don't worry brother, if anyone notices your markings we can always tell them that they are birthmarks. Inuyasha replied mentally.

"Hey grandpa where on Earth are we going any way?" asked Sota.

"It seems that we weren't the only shrine that was attacked. Other shrines and temples have been attacked. There has also been a number of casualties whether they be priests, priestess, and/or monks. Any and all remaining people are told to go to the Saint Holy Oak Temple." replied grandpa. Kagome stopped dead in her tracks as her face paled considerably.

"Kagome are you all right hon?" asked Mrs. Higurashi.

"I am fine mom." she replied in a nervous laugh hoping and praying to god that he wasn't there.

As they approached the Saint Holy Oak Temple, the grandfather told both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru that they should refrain from using any of their demonic powers and to tell people that they were cousins to Kagome and Sota, and for the time being that their last names would be Akuma (means "demon" which I got from the D Gray Man series). The demon brothers agreed as the group entered into the temple.

"Kagome!" shouted out a young male voice as Kagome stopped dead in her tracks looking paler than ever before. A young looking monk with short black hair and black eyes came running up to Kagome hugging her tightly. "How I have missed you!" he stated rubbing his face against Kagome's cheek. One hand was on her breast while the other hand was on her butt. "And how have you grown!" stated the young monk. Kagome managed to free one of her hands slapping the monk hard across the face leaving a nice red mark on his cheek, her face was beet red.

"Miroku you pervert. How many times have I told you not to do that? Good lord grow up a little bit!" Kagome shouted at the monk whom was still smiling rubbing his red cheek.

"But love, I have missed you so much. You don't write or call me." replied Miroku as he began to move again heading towards Kagome. This time he was stopped by Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. The two demons snarled at him causing Miroku to stop dead in his tracks. Seeing this Kagome calmed down a little bit.

"Inuyasha, Sesshomaru it is all right. Miroku has been like ever since we were kids." Kagome replied the two demons brothers didn't move one inch as they didn't even relax.

"Come on lets head in and report to the council so they don't have to look for our bodies." stated Mrs. Higurashi as the group moved Inuyasha pulled Kagome close to his muscular body causing the teenage girl to blush. Sesshomaru stepped up close to Miroku his claws dangerously close to his private parts.

"Ever touch Kagome like that again and I will personally see that you will not be able to bear any children." he snarled into Miroku's ear causing the young monk to break out in a cold sweat. Sesshomaru retracted his claws slowly walking away catching up to the Higurashi family. Miroku breathed a sigh of relief when they left.

'Something doesn't feel right about those two. I wonder who they are.' the monk thought to himself.

"Um...Inuyasha you can let go of me." Kagome whispered trying to hide her blushing face.

"Oh sorry Kagome." Inuyasha replied letting go of his hold of her. His face began to turn beet red as he muttered a few curses in his demonic tongue.

Breathe little brother. I already threatened him to back off. Sesshomaru stated mentally.

Thanks Sesshomaru. I have never seen Kagome like that before. I mean I know that humans can get mad and angry but it is the first time I had seen Kagome upset by what that monk Miroku had done to her. Inuyasha replied.

Trust me that was only the least of our problems. I don't like the way that human thought about her even if he was her childhood friend. Replied Sesshomaru giving his brother a complement on how well he controlled himself back there. There was no doubt in Sesshomaru's mind that Kagome was the one destined for Inuyasha. Sesshomaru would do everything and anything in his power to protect Kagome. 'Kikyo I will make sure that your dream comes true. If anyone can do it. It will be those two.' Sesshomaru thought to himself. Little did anyone know that their problems were just beginning.