6 - memories of the past

Author's Notes – I don't claim to own Inuyasha or any of the characters from the anime or manga. Things types in bold is used for the demons speech, things typed in italic is used for mental speech, bold italics is used for demonic mental speech. Please feel free to leave your comments and tell me what you think. Thanks!

Six – Memories of the Past

Sesshomaru awoke finding a young female asleep as her head resting on the bed. Sesshomaru moved surprised to find that his wounds had been bound. His ears slightly twitched when he heard that someone was awake. His eyes could clearly see his younger brother in human form standing there. Inuyasha gently lifted a single finger to his lips telling Sesshomaru to keep quite. Sesshomaru moved silently avoiding Kagome as he walked over following his younger brother out of the room allowing Kagome to sleep.

"Inuyasha what's going on? Did you take care of my wounds?" Sesshomaru asked in a whisper.

"No Kagome did. Maybe perhaps you can tell me what is going on? I don't remember much." Inuyasha replied. Sesshomaru cursed in his demonic tongue clearly knowing that his little brother's memories were still sealed away. "How did you get injured like that Sesshomaru and why did you come here?" Inuyasha asked.

"Demons attacked me. I managed to get away making my way here. I remembered that we were created in this place. I was hoping that I would find you here." replied Sesshomaru.

The two brothers walked around as Inuyasha told Seesshomaru about how Kagome had found him chained up in the complex on the verge of death. He also told Sesshomaru that slowly some of his memories were coming back to him.

"Kagome and I came here looking for answers about who I am, what I am, who created me and why." stated Inuyasha.

"This human, Kagome knows what you truly are?" Sesshomaru asked as Inuyasha nodded his head yes.

"Her and her family have seen me take on my demon form. They except me even knowing that I am a bio-engineered demon." Inuyasha stated as the two demon brothers made their way back to Kagome.

'Is is possible that she could be the one that is meant for my brother? Is it possible that she is one of Kikyo's descendants? This human does bear a striking resemblance to Kikyo.' Sesshomaru thought to himself mentally.

When they got back to the room they had found Kagome sitting on the bed. Kagome's eyes went wide when she saw Sesshomaru as he looked exactly like Inuyasha in human form except for some of his demonic markings, his pointed ears, and hazel cat-like eyes.

"Sesshomaru this is Kagome Higurashi, Kagome this is my older brother Sesshomaru." stated Inuyasha as Kagome stretched out her right hand to Sesshomaru as the two shook hands.

"I guess that I owe you one human. I am sorry about attacking you before." Sesshomaru stated.

"That's all right Sesshomaru. All is forgiven. I guess that I kind of surprised you." Kagome stated with a smile.

The three wondered around the lab complex as Kagome was looking for the electrical grid. Finally Kagome found it as she turned on the power as all of the electricity kicked on. Kagome walked over to the main console trying to find anything about Sesshomaru and/or Inuyasha. There was only one file still in the systems archive marked 'Demon Project'. Kagome accessed the file having the huge computer monitor before her flicker to life. An older looking woman appeared on the screen whom looked a lot like Kagome.

"My name is Kikyo...if you are seeing this then my worst fears have come true. It all began with an experimentation of an unknown DNA code that was found during an archaeological dig. Codename 'Demon Project' scientists hoped in creating weapons to be used by our government. I worked separately from the rest of the group combining human DNA with the demon DNA to create two beings which I have named Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. These two will be capable of all the capabilities of the demons that are created by this project as well as take on demon form but they will also be capable of feeling and expressing human emotions as well as being able to take on a human appearance.

There has been a great unease in the project as the demons that were created began to act violently and multiply rapidly. Our only hope to stop them may lie within the two that I have created. Ordinary and conventional weapons don't seem to phase these demons. It seems that the only way you can fight these demons is by using other demons. I have seen and heard the other demons except for my two demons answer to one other demon, perhaps it is their leader. They call him Naraku.

Inuyasha, Sesshomaru if you are seeing this, it must mean that I have passed on and that you have found one of my ancestors whom has the items necessary in helping you both. We were wrong with tampering with something that we couldn't understand and trying to play God. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru you must stop Naraku before this world and everyone on it is destroyed. Deep within this complex lies a system which I had used to seal away your memories and full capabilities. Please use this to help Inuyasha and Sesshomaru to awaken to what they are truly meant to become and to reawaken their memories that I have sealed away in order to protect them both. You two maybe the only hope for this world!" Kikyo stated before the screen went dead. The three of them were completely silent as they didn't know what to say. Kagome seemed to most surprised than either Inuyasha and/or Sesshomaru. Even with what they had learned, memories stirred in the mind of a caring, loving, and gentle Kikyo whom always tended to the two boys. Only Sesshomaru's memories about Kikyo was a lot stronger as some of the effects of having his memory and powers sealed was disappearing.

A computer print out of a map gave Kagome directions of where to go. Kagome would have never thought that this was the reason why she was destined to come with Inuyasha. Even though Inuyasha looked about the same age as her, he could be much older than Kagome because he has demon blood flowing though his veins. The more that Kagome learns the more more she feels that it is just the tip of the ice burg. Kagome grabbed the map as the three of them made their way deep into the complex. Kagome was lost deep in thought wondering why Naraku was trying to destroy humanity?

'What is Naraku after? Why did those demons want to kill me for? Things are still not making any sense to me.' Kagome thought to herself mentally. How was it that a human like her could help Inuyasha and Sesshomaru against these demon threats? Finally the three arrived at the place finding what looked like two sleeping pods hooking up to a machine. Kagome placed down her backpack walking over to the machine. It seemed like th machine was powered by some sort of crystal, seveal codes, and a key. All right, the key must be my bike lock key, the crsytal must be the good luck keychain that mom gave me, but what code shall I try? The only thing that triggered in her mind was her address. Kagome reached into her pocked grabbing the keys, key chain. She proceeded to place the bottle into the machine after turning the key over as the machine hummed to life. Kagome inputed the necessary information to have the pods open as the computer console asked if she wanted to run the program? Both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha climbed into the pods as Kagome clicked the button to run the program. 'I hope that this works!' Kagome stated mentally crossing all of her fingers.