Chapter 4- She? (Edited)

Picture of Xander above^

Ace~

I watch as tonight's main fighter, better known as The Ripper, takes his leave and my mind wonders where he'd come from. Compared to Finn, he was a lot more slimmed down. It was hard for me to see him as someone with a nickname that implies he rips his opponents apart. The fucker had no meat on his bones and you didn't need his hood off to see that.

Still, he'd taken out one of my best fighters. If I wasn't so curious about him and slightly impressed, I probably would've hated the guy. After this fight, I wouldn't be surprised if Finn decided his fighting days were over.

I needed to talk to Johnny about introducing us. If I could get Jay Salvatore to join me, then I could train my men ahead of time. His skill set was one I was in need of. I couldn't let it go to waste.

"Baby." I feel a tug on my arm and look over to see Vicki facing me with a pout, her manicured nails sliding up my chest. "I'm tired. Take me home."

I turn away from her and search the crowd for Johnny, crossing my arms in the process. "I told you. I got business here."

"Can't it wait," she whines.

I had to mentally screw my jaw shut to keep from snapping at her and causing a scene. With every sound of her voice, I could feel my ears try to claw itself free from the sides of my head and it was driving me fucking insane.

The bitch was starting to get on my nerves and I could feel my fingertips itch to grip the handgun that was stuffed beneath the leather jacket I wore. I was starting to remember the reason why I only fucked and ducked her.

I'd brought her here with me tonight only because she'd been waiting for me at my house and wouldn't leave. I thought it'd been a good idea to bring her along as an excuse to drop her ass off home after the Underground.

I should've known the bitch would make me regret it.

"If you want to go, call a taxi." I rip my arm from her grip and stalk towards Johnny who was conversing with one of the Underground's investors. Though, this investor was one of many that I was constantly trying to avoid.

Mr. Trevino was rumored and proven to be a greedy schemer. I was actually in the midst of handling his financial situation privately and didn't think it should be important to receive his permission for it. By tomorrow morning, his assets should be frozen and every last cent wired privately to me.

I step up beside him as Mr. Trevino grasps his hand firmly. "I look forward to it," he says, grinning like a fool when he lets go.

Johnny smirks back at him. "As do I, sir. We'll be in touch." He gestures behind him. "I'll have one of my guys walk you out."

Mr. Trevino nods and goes to turn, finally noticing me. "Ah, Mr. Montgomery." He lifts his palm up for me to take and I stare at it blankly until he pulls away. "I've been meaning to speak with you. According to your secretary, you're a very busy man."

My laugh is humorless as I stand tall and cross my arms. "I find that funny considering I've received no note of contact. My secretary knows to value her life over lying to me."

His smile wavers and I tilt my head at the action. "Well th-there must be some kind of m-mistake."

I snarl down at him. "My people don't make mistakes."

He goes to- no doubt- continue lying to my face when Johnny steps up to pat his shoulder, guiding him away from me and towards one of his fighters who stands behind us. "Mr. Trevino, this is Parker. He'll escort you out to your car."