Chapter 13- Cold, Hard, Distant

Ace~

"Fuck!" Xander yells as Jules slams  him back on the mat.

     She stands straight up, her breathing heavy. She bent over to catch her breath while Xander layed still on the floor, catching his breath also.

     For the past two hours, Xander and I have been fighting against Jules. And failing completely to pin her down. Every time we think we have a shot, she somehow catches on and takes us down. Even when we had tried to tag team her.

     That didn't go so well. It had resulted in Xander and I head butting each other.

      "Yeah! Go Jules!" I hear from the side of the room and turn my head to see Candy cheering her on.

      "Really?!" Xander says as he stands up, holding his back.

     Candy shrugs and sits back down.

    "Oh, come on. I'm just getting started," Jules said.

    "Well, I'm fucking done. You've kicked my ass long enough for today." Xander wobbles over to a chair beside Candy.

     Jules grins. I walk over to her.

     "Now I'm starting to see why you need my help." She folds her arms over her chest and smirks. "You're all p*ssys."

     I chuckle. "No. You just...caught us off our game."

      "Yeah right. More like y'all underestimated me and got y'all asses handed to you."

      "Pfft. No. We were just being generous."

      "All guys say that."

      "Well I'm not a guy." She raises her eyebrows at me. "I'm a gentleman."

      "A gentleman who got their ass beat."

     I clear my throat and lean towards her. "We never speak of this."

      She laughs and I freeze.

      That was a beautiful sound.

       "Of course, Sir."

       I'm not gonna lie, when she said 'sir' I kinda got hard.

       No one said anything after that and we both stared at each other. None of us daring to move. But I didn't care. The way her eyes took mine in was...amazing.

      When the light hit her eyes you could see how beautiful they were. The way the green outlined her pupils, but just enough to mix into her blue depths. It was beautiful.

       She was beautiful.

       "Yo, Ace. When y'all are done flirting, remember that thing we gotta do tonight?" Xander said, ripping me out of my thoughts and away from her eyes.   

       "Uhhh, yeah."

       I look back at Jules to see that she had her head down. Her cheeks are flushed and her hair is barely hiding her.

       She was so innocent.

       Innocent.

       Jules. She was pure. Untouched. Holy. And unknowingly, I'd dragged her in to something completely opposite of those things.

       No. No. How stupid could I be? If Marcus finds out about her, he'll give her hell. No. I have to protect her. Even if it means pushing her away when I just started to get to know her.

       "Come tomorrow. Same time. I want to talk to you about something." I said, before just leaving her standing there.

       I didn't have time for a relationship or any other foolishness. I had to focus on my gang and the threat that puts them in danger.

       I knew being cold, hard, and distant wasn't the way to go, but I had to do something. I'm gonna have to start being like this towards her now.

      She didn't know me, but she will. Because, eventually, I'll have to push her away to keep her from my life.

      I know she fights at the underground, and that's pretty bad ass since she was the first girl, but still. I hate to admit, but I'm just using her for the improvement of my gang.

      But fuck if I already know what I'm pulling myself into.

      I had stormed out the gym, leaving behind a very confused girl right now.

     But before I made it out, I said in the coldest way possible, "You can let yourselves out. And Xander, be ready tonight."

      I stormed up to room.

      Shit. Why did I have to be such a dick to her? I mean, we were practically just laughing around, and now she's probably wondering what the hell just happened.

      I heard a car door close outside, and I walked onto my balcony just in time to see a car, theirs I'm assuming, driving down the gravel.

     I sighed and fell back onto my bed.

     A knock sounded on my door, but no one walked in. They knew better.

    "Ummm...Ace?"

    I grunted in response.

    "Are we still going to Club Drift tonight?"

     Xander, Hugh, Troy, and I were all going to meet up at Club Drift tonight because, apparently, Marcus had been seen going there every night for the past three nights. I wanted to check it out for myself.

     "Yeah." I respond. "Call Hugh and Troy and let them know to meet in about two hours."

    I heard feet walking and I knew he had left to do my orders.

    I rubbed a hand down my face.

   Let's hope tonight has something in store for me.

    Little did I know...it did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry if it's a little short. I was, again, up at night writing. And this chapter may suck, I know, but it does have some important parts in here.

😁

With love,
      The Author. 💋