Chapter 34- Party (1/2)

Picture of Lance above^

Jules~

Today was the day of my 'Homecoming Party' that Stacy wanted to have. She seriously had to have taken over two days to get it ready, saying she wanted everything perfect.

Damn, Hugh wasn't kidding when he said that Stacy never did anything small.

Over these past two days, it hurts me to know I've been keeping a secret from Ace. Though he seems to have been more focused on something else ever since he came back home two days ago.

He's hardly been seen around the house, but when he is, he seems tired and stressed. I can't help, but feel like it's all my fault.

That's why I'm kind of happy for this party. I'm hoping it relieves some of Aces stress and helps him relax.

I was sitting in my room trying to figure out what I wanted to wear when my door opened and Stacy and Candy walked in.

"Hey!" I shouted. "I could've been naked!"

Stacy scoffed. "Then you should've locked the door, idiot."

I shook my head at her and smiled. "Whatever. What are you guys doing in here?"

"Well, we thought that we'd all just get ready with you since the party is here," Candy said, laying a couple of dresses on my bed.

I looked between them. "Wait...where's Miriam? Is she getting ready with us too?"

Stacy squealed. "I can't believe I forgot to tell you. Candy and I set up a date for her yesterday."

I gasped. "Really? With who?"

"You remember that guy I told you about that worked at a High School near by? He was tall with wavy hair?" Candy asked.

"Brandon?" I questioned.

She nodded her head as she grinned.

A couple of days before I met Ace, Candy had told me about this guy named Brandon who she had been friends with since she was a baby. She had introduced us at the diner one time.

He worked at one of the local High Schools somewhere in town, but I didn't believe her at first. I mean, how could I? The guy was hot, I'm not gonna lie, so why was he working at a school?

"They supposedly hit it off and Brandon had wanted to spend more time with her," Stacy said, grinning like a fool. "He's going to be here in a little bit to drop her off."

Just as Stacy said that, my room door opened again as Miriam walked in, carrying a bag.

Candy smiled. "There she is!"

Miriam let out a laugh. "Yeah. Sorry I'm late. Brandon and I had to get something."

"What's in the bag?" Stacy asked.

"Makeup," Miriam said, walking into my bathroom to set it up around the sink.

"Are you sure it's not Brandon in there?" Candy teased, causing all of us to giggle.

Miriam came out of the bathroom, fighting a smile. "You guys are assholes."

I laughed. "But seriously, how do you feel about him?"

She sat down on my bed with Candy. "I don't know. I mean, he's nice. He's a real gentleman and so funny. But I want to take it slow."

Stacy nodded. "Good. Because you guys are so cute together."

"Yeah. But I don't think Alessio will think so, huh?" Candy teased, nudging her with her elbow.

Miriam blushed. "Why would Alessio care about who I go out with?"