24 | W.D. Gaster

"Dark, darker, yet darker."
- - -

Sans was busy with the machine in the UnderFell timeline. I was leaning against the railing to the stairs that led down into the basement. I saw movement in the corner of my eye so I looked to the side, seeing that Geno had moved to my side, also leaning against the railing. He looked to me and I smiled slightly.

"I know you're nervous f/n." Geno put his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. "But don't worry, you have a lot of people who want to protect you. You have no idea." Geno chuckled and moved his hand away from my shoulder, moving it back into his pocket. "The other versions of us all know about you, and they all want to protect you with their lives because they know you're special to the original Sans."

I listened to Geno's words carefully. "Maybe I could meet them all someday." I looked away from him and looked over to Sans who had just finished fixing up the machine that would get us back to UnderTale.

"Alright everyone, machine's fixed. Go ahead and go through." Sans pat the now whirring machine a few times. Blueberry hopped right through with an excited expression, he was very confident in himself. Blueberry's brother, who we'll nickname Chill Pap, followed his older brother through the portal. Edgy began pushing his own brother, who we'll call Morbid Pap, through the blue portal. Morbid Pap had to duck a bit so he wouldn't hit his skull on the top of the machine. Geno was the last to go through.

I was followed Geno until I felt a hand on my wrist, it was Sans. I looked at him curiously, wondering why he had stopped me. Sans was looking into my eyes, searching my expression. Then he leaned forward, pressing his teeth against my lips. My eyes widened a little because I hadn't expected that, but I soon accepted the kiss and leaned forward slightly, kissing back. Sans pulled away and sighed, letting go of my wrist.

I grabbed his hand and went through the blue portal, pulling Sans along with me.

The four other skeletons were standing in front of us, waiting. We ended up being teleported to the entrance of Snowdin. There were no monsters outside, walking around or minding their own business. The town was quiet, too quiet.

That is until someone broke the silence.

"SANS!" Papyrus ran towards us, orange tears stained his cheekbones. "SANS, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Papyrus asked, kneeled down to be face to face with his brother. Sans looked at Papyrus. An expression full of relief washed over him as he looked at Papyrus, seeing that he wasn't dead. Papyrus looked around, just now noticing the rest of the skeletons. "SANS.. THERE ARE CLONES OF US!" Papyrus stood back up and cautiously looked at his "clones." Sans chuckled but then he stopped, staring at something ahead of us.

In the middle of the town was a shadowy figure, covered in black. The only thing that wasn't covered in the black showed substance was its face. The face was pure white.

Two sunken in eye sockets with two white pupils stared back at Sans. A large, demented smile lay across its face. The same black substance that surrounded it dripped down its mouth. I looked closer at the creature, seeing that under its left eye was a crack going downwards and above its right eye was a larger crack going upward, meeting with a small hole in its skull.

By now, everyone noticed the figure. No one spoke a word as they stared at it. I grew tired of the shocked silence and was the first to break it.

"Gaster." I let go of Sans's hand and walked forward. The skeletons all stared at me, silently pleading for me to not approach this new monster. But I did anyway. I want going to cower and hide from this thing, I wasn't intimidated. "What are you doing here?" I stood in front of Gaster now, he looked down at me. Two white skeletal hands appeared in front of his chest, they had holes in the palms. He then signed something while speaking gibberish. Somehow, I could understand him.