Hampton Court Palace

"I don't know,"replied Louisa, sitting back down, "you were just asleep, making odd moaning noises. They told me to wake you up, because we're here!"
"Are we?" Sophia peered out the window for the first time and an amazing sight met her eyes. Hampton Court Palace loomed above, red brick, vines, stained glass windows... Everything any girl would love to have.

The footman announced "Lady Louisa and Lady Sophia of Wessex," and opened the carriage door grandly. Sophia gulped and climbed out with a little stumble, her gloved hand on the footman's. Louisa followed, as elegantly and confident as a Queen.

Sophia smiled nervously to herself, and followed a maid through a large hallway not unlike the one in her dream. This one, however, was not empty: many maids and servants stood in it watching the sisters enter. Two servants walked behind them, laden with baggage, but Sophia took none of this in. She had her mind and heart fixed on the big oak door towering above them. "That's the door to his throne room,"hissed Louisa, and Sophia let out a small gasp. She was about to meet the King? Hastily, Sophia smoothed down her crimson dress and touched her hood to make sure it was straight.

"Now, my ladies, once you go inside, you must pay the most utmost respect to His Majesty and only speak if you are spoken to. Today, you will meet him and tell him a little about you, but tomorrow is a ball in honour of his guests: you, and some other new arrivals to court. By the end of the month, he will have decided which of you delightful ladies he wishes to marry, if any. Remember: respect to the maximum." The man, whoever he had been, strode towards the door and opened it. Only one part of that speech really sunk into Sophia's mind.
If any.
The door was opened to reveal a grand throne room with people on each side in finery and a throne on a platform at the back. On that throne sat a young dark haired man who was talking to someone at his side. Sophia gulped.

The King?

"Lady Louisa of Wessex and Lady Sophia of Wessex,"announced a voice from somewhere to the left and the whole room went silent. The King turned to look at them and Sophia's (and Louisa's) heart melted.
He had those starry dark eyes she'd hoped, and tall stature. Not a demon. Sophia let out a sigh of relief, for she'd had two imaginings of the King: a horrible demonic King, or a handsome young man. Luckily for her, it was the latter.
"Which is which, Wolsey?"he asked a stout man in red robes near him. "For I hope the one I am to marry is good-natured and fair of face."
"Your Majesty,"leered Wolsey with a rather fake smile, you may marry whichever you like, or neither, if Your Majesty wishes. But the eldest daughter, Louisa has been recommended to you." Henry sighed agitatedly. "Wolsey, Wolsey: my question remains unanswered. Which is Louisa, and which is the other one... Sophie?"
"Sophia. Louisa is the taller one, the one in the yellow. She is nineteen, and Sophia is seventeen." Henry nodded and finally focused on the two of them instead of Wolsey. He eyed Sophia, her soft grey eyes and delicate features, and smiled faintly, ignoring the bold features of the sister. Louisa, seeing his interest in her sister and not her, pulled a face which didn't help her unattractiveness. "So," he said, "tell me about yourselves."