Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The rest of the day seemed to just fly by in Drew’s eyes and soon, Monday had arrived. He rolled out of bed at 6:30AM sharp, placed his Forzieri shirt, Armani suit and tie onto his bed before stepping into the shower with his toothpaste covered brush in his mouth. He finished and stepped out of the bathroom with his towel wrapped around his waist. He dried his body and hair before donning the outfit he put on his bed: his boxer briefs went on first, followed by a blue shirt which he buttoned up. He pulled on his black suit slacks and tucked the shirt into them. The tie was wrapped in the Windsor style and he shrugged his suit jacket onto his shoulders. He grabbed a pair of his socks, sat on his bed and rolled them onto his feet. Finally, he stuffed his feet in his leather dress shoes. He bent over and laced them up. He checked himself out in the mirror then ruffled his hair slightly. Perfect. 

He grabbed his phone walked down the stairs, opened his cupboard and grabbed his half-finished box of Cornflakes. He grabbed a bowl and grabbed the milk from the fridge. He poured the cereal into the bowl then the milk. He put a teaspoon of sugar on top of it and grabbed a spoon. He began shovelling the cereal into his mouth as he unlocked his iPhone, typing in the four-digit passcode. He opened up his BBM and checked on his updates quickly. Nothing new; there was just a message from Kaitlin saying “looking forward to lunch baby xoxo”. He couldn’t stand the term ‘baby’. Some people liked the term but he thought it was a little bit annoying. Furthermore, the fact that she’d texted about their lunch ‘date’ again was clingy and irritating. That was something his one night stand wouldn’t have done. He really needed to stop thinking about that woman. He’d probably never see her again.

He finished his cereal and replied to Kaitlin’s message with a simple “see you soon”. Let her interpret it however she wanted to. He placed his bowl into the empty sink to wash later, checked the time (it was ten minutes past seven) and decided that it would be best to leave for work. He grabbed his briefcase, tucked his phone into his pocket and retrieved his car keys before exiting his plush penthouse, taking the elevator straight down to the car park again. He entered his car, put on a random radio station and began the drive to the 23 storey building that was the Nicholson & Co offices. On the radio station, a song he recognised began blaring from the speakers. His mind flashed back to the night in the club, where the girl danced to this song and got another part of him dancing too. That part of him began responding to the memory of her body pressed against his. He shook his head slightly and focused back on the road, trying to get his body to behave as well.

He’d arrived at the offices and parked in the Employees’ car park. He took a deep breath, summoning the most unattractive picture he could into his mind. He felt himself slowly deflating and sighed in relief. He got out of the car, grabbed his stuff and locked the car as he walked to the building entrance.

“Hello Mr Nicholson! Your father asked me to let you know, when you got here, that it isn’t necessary for you to attend today’s board meeting. He also asked me tell you that there are only 3 potential secretaries that he needs you to interview and the first comes in at 9AM.” The blonde haired receptionist fluttered her eyelashes at him. Like every other woman, she wanted him in her bed. He politely smiled at her, turning down her advances, before going up to his office.

He passed his personal assistant, Daniel’s, room office, giving him a curt nod before continuing on to his own office. Once he was in the safe confines of his office, he opened his briefcase and opened up his MacBook Pro. He opened up Safari, went onto his email and checked his email. In his inbox, there were a few messages but the main one that mattered was the one that his father had sent him.

----

To: Andrew Nicholson;

From: Nathaniel Nicholson;