JAONS' Final Author Note

I mean... this is coming 6 months late but I reckon it's still worth doing - especially since I have an announcement for all of you beautiful readers!

But first...

I just wanted to say THANK YOU! Thank you for reading, thank you for voting, thank you for commenting and/or thank you for supporting. Just a huge massive thank you!

Right so I'm just gonna establish really briefly what I'm going to do here - there are five sections below. The first is a bit of history - regarding the book specifically, the inspiration for it etc. The second section is specific thank yous and shoutouts to some really, really special people. The third section is about me and perhaps a helpful little explanation of why it took me over 4 years to finish a 21 chapter book. The fourth part is an announcement and finally, the fifth part requires YOUR opinions on various things. I'll put three stars in the centre above and below each section so, in theory, you can skip to the part you want to read first!

***

1. Bit of History

I started this story in 2013 (the 15th of September to be specific) I believe after reading How Boys Think by @HowBoysThink. To be perfectly honest after reading about them, Clyde specifically, and his flippant attitude to women, I decided I'd write a story about what I thought might happen if Clyde had a one night stand and was left behind. Hence, the birth of this here book! 

I know you're probably thinking "I've seen a million one night stand books where the guy gets left on Wattpad, this really isn't original and it's fairly clichéd actually so chill". If you look at Wattpad in 2018, that is 100% true but honestly, 2012 Wattpad was a different time (that's when I first discovered the existence of Wattpad) and there actually weren't many (at least many popular) books with the concept. So... I decided to write the story. I know that in theory, if I'd completed this book faster, it'd be considered pretty original or whatever but I don't really mind that it's just another cliché book - for a first completed Wattpad book, that suits me fine.

Fun fact: The idea came to me in the shower? I don't know why I was specifically thinking about How Boys Think in the shower but hey, shower thoughts I guess?

Anyway! That's about it I guess!

***

2. Specific Thank Yous/Shoutouts

I really wish I could individually thank each and every one of you who have shown any and every form of support towards this book - I wish I had the time and the ability to find every single username of every single person supporting this book but sadly, I don't. So I'm going to have to stick to a few people but just know that, even if I don't thank you by username or reference, I am SO grateful for you. So so grateful. Without further ado, here we go:

Obviously one of my huge thank yous goes to @HowBoysThink for inspiring me (even though they haven't been active in a while, I hope you're all doing well)! If you haven't read How Boys Think by them, it's actually fairly funny though occasionally a little bit offensive so, it's your call whether you read it or not!

My thanks goes out to my first followers @tatzky_cap and @darkdreams101 - I believe it was darkdreams who followed first but either way, I am equally grateful to both of you for supporting me very early on! (It's interesting because at the time it was called becoming a 'fan' and that was an incredible feeling - to have fans?)

@SpencerBeck4 - Over 2 years ago, you provided me with some advice that I saved onto a word document and read every time I felt no one cared about the story and honestly, it's advice that every writer should listen to:
"Advice: [write] as if you have a million people reading the book and put your effort in and love the story as you make it. The readers will follow. But if you judge you work by the readers with out giving them a chance it will always disappoint you... Good job don't give up and [you're] awesome."This advice actually made me a tad emotional at the time and I still appreciate it to this day so thank you so much for it!