Chapter 8

//WARNING: This chapter gets a little bit heated and steamy near the end. If you don't like scenes such as those, you don't have to read it as there is a "***" just before it.//

Chapter 8

When Madeleine walked back into the room, smiling down at a giggling Chiquita, Drew noticed immediately. She looked around the room and whispered something to the little girl who pointed at her mother. Madeleine crossed the room and stood in front of his Tia Sierra. Fortunately, it was quiet enough that Drew was able to hear the conversation between the two women.

“I’m so sorry if you feel that I crossed a line.” Madeline immediately apologised as she handed Chiquita over to her mother.

“Oh no, no chica! I appreciate what you did for my little girl! You’re obviously really good with niños.” The older woman grinned at Madeleine. Madeleine’s tanned cheeks reddened slightly at the compliment.

“Thank you. You have a very beautiful girl; she looks like you!” Madeleine returned the compliment.

“Thank you very much!”

“It’s nothing! Oh and here, you can keep this for Chiquita.” Madeleine fished the giraffe out of her pocket and held it out to her.

“No, I think you should keep it. Chickie has enough toys and teddies, Madeleine. Your name is Madeleine, right?”

“Yes. I didn’t catch your name?” Madeleine cocked her head to the side slightly in a way that Drew found endearing.

“I’m Sierra. I’m guessing that you’d like to go back to the girls of your age, right?”

“Okay, it was nice meeting you, Sierra!” Madeleine grinned at her.

“You too, chica!” The older woman hugged her, Chiquita in between them, before releasing her after a few brief moments.

Drew’s eyes followed Madeleine as she walked back to the girls.

“So Drew, does somebody have a little crush on Madeleine?” James asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“No!” Drew denied fervently.

“Why were your eyes on her then, eh?” Nicky joined in.

“I was curious about her. Is that a crime?” He omitted the fact that he’d already met her previously.

“Sure, that’s not a crime. I reckon I might go talk to her and find out more about her. What do you think my chances of me being able to tap that ass are?” James asked with a smirk.

“I reckon she’ll shoot you down to be honest.” Michael replied with a grin.

“Agreed.” Nicky nodded.

“I second that.” Luis nodded.

“Well, watch as I get her begging for me.” James got up and with a smirk, he walked over to where the girls were. The boys rolled their eyes.

“Hey babe, you’re gorgeous. Where’ve you been all my life?” He asked her stood behind her, his signature half smile. Drew waited with bated breath for her response.

“Hmm… Up until now?” I’ve been hiding from you.” She responded, not even turning around.

“Ouch. My feelings are hurt.” He attempted to make his voice sound sad. She turned around and he immediately pouted slightly.

“Aww baby, want me to kiss you better?” She purred in a saccharine sweet voice as she placed her hand on his chest. James nodded eagerly. Madeleine pursed her lips and leaned in. Instead of kissing him, she whispered something in his ear. When she leaned away, James’ eyes widened and he walked back to the group. Madeleine’s eyes met Drew’s briefly before turning away.