Should I Trust You?

It's been a couple months and Stryker and I had been getting on fine.

Well......A lot better than fine actually.

"Momma!" I turned my head and saw Stryker and Lennox entering the living room.

A smile was brought to my face,  I swung my legs on the couch and placed my coffee mug on the table.

"Hey bud. How was it?"

Lennox held out his hands as Stryker helped him take off his winter coat.

"Stryker took me to the mountain and taught me how to snowboard it was awesome!" He yelled excitement evident in his features. He was real jittery and bouncing all over the place as he told me about his day.

I placed my hand on Lennox's shoulder to stop him from jumping.

"Calm down there jitterbug."

"Ok."

I pulled off his gloves, removed his scarf and his beanie. I then kissed his cheek and pointed him toward the kitchen.

"I made some cookies. Have at 'em."

"Yayy! Wait...is there milk?"

"Sorry bud, we'll get some tomorrow but the thermos has some hot Coco."

"Ok." Lennox skipped off toward the kitchen.

"He's quite the ball of sunshine." Stryker smiled.

I laughed. "You're telling me."

Soon the laughter died down and we were left in the dark, thick silence.

I cleared my throat and quickly turned to get back to my coffee. I misjudged the distance and tripped over Stryker's foot.

"Shit." I mumbled.

"Woah." Stryker said with his voice slightly raised as he grasped my arm and pulled me toward himself in order to save me.

I ended pressed against Stryker's chest.

I looked up at him through my lashes. The minute my eyes made contact with his, my body began to heat up. I know he was aware of it too because he began breathing heavier.

He slowly leaned down toward me and my eyes seemed to drift close as a result of their own will. I was about to just give in but I got a reality check. I pushed Stryker away.

"We can't."

"Why can't we?"

"Because I'm married and I have a family , if you didn't realize." I whispered shouted.

"You can't fight against this. We're mates. We were made for each other."

"Stryker, we aren't mates anymore." I said turning to walk away.

A hand forcefully grasped my hand and pulled me back. I ended up in Stryker's arms again, but this time we were kissing.

At first I tried to fight it but soon my will left and I gave in.

He slowly pulled away from me, our foreheads still touching.  He placed both hands at each side of my face. "I mean this when I say it. I love you  and I'm sorry."

I wanted to argue but instead I just ended up nodding my head in response.

"I'll let you think it over. Ok?"

I slowly nodded as he released me.

I walked him to the door.  Before he left he touched my cheek again. "I'm serious ok?" I reached my hand up and placed it on top of his.