Chapter 29

Alexander's Pov~~

---Flashback---

A year ago....

"Cherry!!!!!"

"I am home sweetheart. Where are you?"

I was home now, back from my business trip and was excited to meet my girlfriend/fiancée. God I missed her so much. I wanted to surprise her so I came back without informing her.

But little did I know that I'll get a surprise from her or rather say give me heartbreak instead.

I couldn't believe what I saw in front of me as I entered into my bedroom.

"What the hell are you doing here? And you Cherry! "I was beyond furious. She was with Antonio, one of my business partners. Damn they were tangled together naked in my apartment. Damn she is my fiancée and she is sleeping with someone else in my absence.

"Alexi...God. How come your home? God...no... I mean...Just a second. Let me just explain. Please." She stood there wrapping the thin sheet around her body, looking all alarmed and worried.

I lost my patience and seeing my girl with someone else made my blood boil. Antonio, he stood there wrapping another sheet around his torso and stood there without any shame. The nerve of that guy!

I immediately stepped forward and landed a heavy punch on his left cheek. He fell on my bed and groaned in pain. Cherry shrieked out watching my action.

"Get out of my apartment. I will talk to you tomorrow. Leave now." I yelled at him. He picked himself up from my bed and while dressing himself up he left without a word.

I turned towards Cherry, she was scared.

"Why? Why did you do this to me?
I loved you Cherry and trusted you with my life. You were supposed to be waiting for me here and what I see is... it's unforgivable. You cheated me. Cherry why did you do this?" I asked her in anger.

She winced with my high pitched tone. She was sitting on the edge of the bed and tears were flowing down from her cheeks.

"I.....I just...I am sorry." She said in a whisper.

"You are sorry!" I paced right and left in the room in anger.

"You were never here with me. You always left me and was busy in your work. You have no time for me. When was the last time we spend time together. I don't even remember.

Antonio gives me his time; he loves me and makes me happy. What else would you expect me to do?

You cannot expect me to wait for you my whole life just to spend time with you. You just love your work not me." She looked at me and said with irritation.

"You are my fiancée dammit. You could have talked to me about your feelings.
I do care about you and though I am busy in my work I always made sure to check up on you. We always talked over skype. You can't blame me for this. Seriously!! I think this is a mistake that I have made.

O god. I am done. You are free from me. It's done...Our relationship.... We are done. You can leave now. "I said in a stern voice and gestured towards the door.

"Alexander. Please. I..." she was about to say something but I couldn't bear the fact that she slept with Antonio. So I left the apartment.

I headed straight to one of the bar and got drunk till I was totally tipsy. I was stressed with all that happened before and so I called up my best friend Ray to talk about it.