Chapter 38.

Scarlet's Pov~~

As I entered office today morning the first person I saw was Maddie.

Maddie is back from London. She had had been there to visit her new born granddaughter and now she is back after a month.

(Note: Madeleine is the senior most employees who worked as an assistant to Alexander's father during when he was the CEO of Pearce Industries.)

"Maddie I am so glad to see you back." I happily said and hugged her with all smiles.

"Oh dear it's just been two days. I missed you and everyone so much."
She replied with a beaming smile.

"Oh my god I missed you too!"

"For now, we'll just get back to work and we will talk about everything later on. Also, I heard about you and Alex and I am so happy for both you. We need to talk about that too." She said and looked very excited to know about our relationship.

I blushed upon hearing that. Well I just nodded at her as a reply and we went towards our respective cabins.

At noon I remembered that I had to meet Vince at the park. But I will have to inform Alex before I leave.

"Sir may I come in." I knocked at his door and asked permission to enter.

He gave me permission and I entered inside. Actually, I am feeling damn nervous because I am going to lie to him.

I made myself calm down first and then took a deep breath and asked him,

"Umm...Sir, I will be going out with Lorry for lunch today. She needed to talk about something very important. So I will be late to come back for work. Will that be okay?"

He stopped reading his document and looked up at me. He looked straight to my eyes and then with a warm smile said,

"Hmm..., so no lunch with me today huh!
Okay I will be fine by myself but I will miss you Dove and please don't call me sir."

He stood up, came forward towards me and then gently pulled me in his arms. I giggled and put both my hands around his neck. I could feel his warmth radiating across his body.

He looked at me with so much love and I felt so good to be with him.

I am so sorry Alex for lying to you but if I tell you the truth, you will never allow me to meet Vince.

I thought to myself.

Alex gave me a kiss on my forehead and then asked me with concern,

"What's the matter Dove? Is everything ok?"

"Yes. I am fine."

I gave him a peck and quickly left office.

~~~~~~~~

At The Park~~

There were very few people right now inside the park. I was trying to look for Vince but I couldn't find him.

Maybe he is late or he must have forgotten about our meeting.

Suddenly I got a text message.
It's him.

"Please come to the waterfall statue. I am waiting here."

-Vince

I walked towards the left side of the garden; waterfall statue was located towards the far left corner. But I couldn't find him.

"Hey!" I turned towards my right and there he was standing under a tree.
I walked towards him and saw that he had a smile on his face.

"I thought you might not come to meet me. Thank you for coming."