Chapter 19

Lydia's mom soon arrives and I get in her vehicle. The ride was silent and awkward.

" so how was your flight?"

The silence was broken.

I replied " It was fine."

" Lydia will be fine I promise you, we're all worried about her but that won't do any good."

" it's my fault" I mumbled

"What was that?... it wasn't your fault it's no ones it was an accident."

I knew it wasn't but for fuck sake I couldn't tell her the truth. The hospital isn't more than 5 minutes away. All I wanted to do was see Lydia and hold her in my arms. Her sent of strawberries all the memories filled my head. The car was silent again it felt like forever. I see the hospital in sight as we get closer.

"How's the new house?"asked Lydia's mom

"Could be nicer I liked it here at our old house..." I answered

She parked the car and we get out to approach the hospital. Walking through the spinning doors is silence we walk to Lydia's room the door closed. I slowly open the door and walk in the sight hurt me so much. Wires and a breathing mask. I was so upset at the sight I cried I couldn't handle it. I felt sick inside this was my fault and I knew it if I wouldn't have fucked up with Justin and kept my cool at that McDonald's she would have been ok. Also if I hadn't ran away with her and had her take me back to them just walked she wouldn't have been in this situation right now. I hated myself more now I didn't wanna be on this earth but I knew I had to, for Lydia. I have to be here when she wakes up. I wipe my eyes and took a deep breath.

" sorry..." I said

" Don't say that I've done the same and I still want to every time I see her."

We sit on the chairs and wait talking every once and a while hoping that Lydia would wake up soon. The nurse comes in, in a all blue uniform. She checks on the machinery Lydia's
hooked up too asked a few questions one on when the last time was when she woke up another if she has spoke and how long she was awake for at the time. A few hours after the nurse left Lydia's mom and I were headed out I 'forget' my wallet and walk back in the room to get it and kiss Lydia's hand.

I whispered in her ear as she's lying there " I love you." Then leave

" You find it?" asked Lydia's mom

"Yeah......thanks for waiting up."