chapter 5

The ride to James house was so quiet, and I had my side of the window rolled down, so the air was blowing my hair and face.

When we arrived at James' house, he showed me my room, not that I could see but he guided me to the room. The room smells so nice.

The room is a little bit chilled guess the air conditioner has been turned on. Have only been to the orphanage office with air conditioning.

"Your room is across mine, so when you need something don't hesitate to ask me. I know you must be really tired, the shower is on the left side of the room and the closet is on the right. I will leave you to sort yourself out," James left me by self in the room.

James was in the shower when he heard the ringing of his phone. After showering he cane to check who called and it was his mother. He called her back immediately.

"Son, hope I will be seeing you today?" His mother said in her strict voice. Not leaving any room for argument but James been James always find a loop somewhere.

"Mum can we meet up another time? Something came up, and it so urgent."James replied.

"You always make excuses not to visit me son. Are you that tired of me? The sorrow and sadness in his mother's voice made his heart ache. He didn't want to hurt his mum or any of his family.

"No mum, I'm not tired of you. You know how much I love you. I promise to make it up to you," James coed his mum.

"By the way has Sapphire called you? She said she will be arriving next week Wednesday," his mother informed.

Sapphire is James kid sister, she is in London studying fashion design.

They talked for some good minutes  about business and James love life which he hates most before hanging up.

Oh God...what do I do now? I don't know if he took my bag when he saved me the previous night because I don't have any dress to wear.

He said I should tell him if I need anything. I need a dress. How do I ask him if he has taken the bag?

Oh God, he will think I'm already a burden on him. He was kind enough to accept me in his house. God this is so embarrassing.

When I was about to go to him, I heard a knock on my door. Who is there please I asked, the panic in my voice could be heard even by a deaf person.

"It's me, James, can I come in." Sure you can enter. I went back to seat on my soft comfy bed.

When he entered, I moved to the far corner of the bed, I held my towel like my life depended on it. Yes it was true, my life depended on it! I didn't want history to repeat itself.

Not to be rude James, but do you need something or did you leave something here?

"Oh it's nothing, I noticed you don't have a dress so I came to lend you one of my shirts," James replied, taking my hand in his. Three embarrassing things seemed to happen at once when he touched me.

I jumped at his touch resulting in me landing on the floor and me screaming at him. I moved away from him when I heard his foot steps towards me.

"Are you alright, did I do something wrong? He asked me still coming closer to me. When I was in the shower, I felt that mans dirty hands all over my body again.

So when James touched me, it felt like the man was back in the room with me. To finish me off.

"Amelia you are shaking talk to me, what did I do wrong, I will right my mistake" James was in front of me by now. Because we breathed the same air.

Please don't hurt me. I thought you where that man who molested me, so I backed off when you touched me. I'm so sorry about that.

"It okay, I don't know how u feel but I know it not easy to forget it. With time all wounds will be healed so will be yours. When you meet the right person he will wipe out that scar from your heart after the wound is healed." James helped me stand up and handed me the shirt he brought with him.

"It might be a little big on you, but use this for the meantime. Tomorrow I will take you shopping," James tapped my shoulders and excused himself.

But I didn't let him take two steps when I protested about him taking me to shopping.

No!! you don't need to spend your money on me, you have done enough for me. I promise I will work and pay you back, when I start working I will buy my own dress.

I can manage with one. When I wash all the dirt away you will see how new and beautiful it is.

"You don't need to pay me or work, just feel at home. I promise I will take care of you, you are now under my wings, dinner will be ready soon, the kitchen is on the right side of the staircase," James gave me directions to the kitchen.

I knew I was alone when I heard the door to my room been closed carefully.

Thanks for everything. I will come down as soon as I'm done dressing. I said to no one in particular.

I hurriedly changed into his shirt which reached almost or past my mid thigh.

His cologne so strong in the dress, he has a nice smell. Like a fool I made my way out towards the kitchen but with a little bit difficulties.

Didn't bump into anything because there was nothing on the floor just the left side of the wall has some frames, so I avoided touching the left wall I used the right wall as a guide.

So do what do you think of the chapter please don't forget to vote, comment, and share.