you're the one that i want

c h a p t e r 2

c h a p t e r 2

The house is quiet.

A nice quiet.

A quiet that indicates Mom isn't home.

I close my eyes, and smile thinking about the conversation I had with Abi a couple hours ago.

She isn't as intimidating, nor anything I once thought her to be. She's nice, lively, and very funny.

Even if she thinks I'm Danny Sanderson. It's absolutely okay because talking to her means a lot, and even if it means having to lie about who I am. Then, it's fine.

I get up from my bed and play a couple hours of Halo, then I go to the kitchen to pour some milk and cereal in a bowl, and eat it.

👓👓👓

I wake up to the banging of pots and pans.

Sighing miserably, and rubbing my eyes to wake myself up. I sit up and think to myself, What the hell is Mom doing now?

There isn't no telling what Mom may have been doing.

I walk to the kitchen to find her head in the pantry. She's mumbling and muttering all types of things.

"Mom?" I say, rubbing my eye.

She doesn't turn around, nor does she acknowledge my presence. She continues moving around the pots and pans, and other shit in the pantry.

Then suddenly. Very suddenly.

She starts to throw the kitchenware.

I dodge the skillet that comes my way.

Mom screams, "I can't find it! I can't find the damn thing!"

I start to walk toward Mom. "Hey, Ma. What exactly are you looking for?"

She still doesn't turn around to acknowledge me. She is still looking inside the damn pantry. "I saw it a couple days ago, but I don't see it anywhere."

"Are you looking for a pot, a pan?"

"Without the yellow pan I won't be able to make salmon patties."

She finally turns around to look at me, and she starts to cry. "I want to make salmon patties! But I can't now, because of the yellow pan! The yellow pan is gone 'cause you fucking took it Collin! Where is the fucking pan!"

She leans in, and screams in my face. "It's your fault I can't do all the things I want to! Where did the damn pan go?"

I blink a couple times and stare at her before responding. "Remember, you threw the yellow pan outside over the fence, 'cause you said yellow made your head hurt!"