❝que sera❞

"I decided, I'm not going to the dance," I say to Ginnifer, a fellow Pom squad member

"I decided, I'm not going to the dance," I say to Ginnifer, a fellow Pom squad member. We hang out from time to time, and she's pretty cool when she isn't too busy going on about her latest boy-toy, or mommy issues.

We sit outside, in the school's entrance, waiting for the first bell to ring. She's rambled on and on about the dance for about ten minutes, and when she started assuming I was going to go to the dance, and even asked me who my date was I simply told her, "I decided, I'm not going to the dance." Her face falls in disappointment.

"But you always go to homecoming dances," she says slowly. "And you always have a date, what's up?"

I look at my finger nails, and shrug, trying to appear apathetic. "I just don't feel like going. Besides, I don't have a date."

"You learned Danny was taken?" Ginnifer says this so matter-of-factly, I want to slap her. I mean, I may have mentioned my crush on Danny Sanderson a couple times to the girls. But I hadn't mentioned him a lot lately, and he hadn't called in awhile. Maybe tonight I'd get the guts to call him myself....

Even though it seems he wants nothing to do with me anymore.

I give Ginnifer a blank look. "No. A couple guys asked me out. Even Chandler Leeds did. But I turned them all down 'cause I just don't have any interest towards going to the homecoming dance this year."

My sorta-friend laughs, and shakes her head. She sees through my bullshit, and points at me. "Girl, you know you turned down those guys, including Chandler Leeds, because you wanted a specific star soccer player to ask you out."

"David Beckham is hella old," I state. "And I wouldn't want to come between Posh and Becks."

Even when Ginnifer's pissing me off, and I kinda feel like ditching school today because of the weather and life in general, I still want to play funny and joke a little.