11

Amiee is putting denver back in the cot beside the bed, when jasper knocks lightly on the door and opens it. Amiee puts her finger in front of her pursed lips to indicate he has to be quiet. She had just gotten denver to sleep again and she doesn't want to wake him  up.

"Want to go up to my room?" Jasper offers so they can have a conversation.

amiee nods her head as she follows jasper out of the door and up the stairs to his room. They stay silent for the short walk to make sure not to disturb any of the other guests.

"This is my room" jasper says closing the door behind amiee. The room is big with the walls filled with books and a large mahogany bed for show. Jasper leads amiee to the arm chairs in the center of the room motioning her to sit down.

"I need to talk to you, it will explain how I know your name and everything" she says and jasper nods. As he folds one leg and places his ankle on his knee. "Oh god this is guna sound crazy" she says and jasper can feel the anticipation build up inside her, but he already knows what she is going to say, he doesn't know how he knows he just does. Amiee is going red with frustration and jasper just comes out with what's in his head.

"You're my mate" jasper says and amiee just looks at him with a smile and nods frantically.

"Illiana said it's very rare to find them in our worlds"

"Indeed it is" jasper says not moving, up until the moment he found out she would live forever, he had no intention of perusing anything remotely to do with amiee, but now possibilities have opened and a whole new world to him also. He doesn't know whether it is too much or just what he needs to be happy.

"I don't know what to do" amiee admits and then curls up into a ball making herself small on the arm chair. She starts to bite on her thumb nervously.

"Hey don't do that" jasper says and she removes the thumb from her mouth. "I don't want you to be afraid or nervous around me, there's no need for it" he says motioning her to come and sit in his lap. Amiee gets up and sits on the arm of the chair but jasper just pulls her down to his lap anyway.

"This is something we need to discuss I don't even know if you want me to be your mate" amiee says.

"Would it help if I said I do" jasper says twirling a piece of her hair in his fingers.

"Yes a lot actually" she says and pauses looking down into her lap with a confused expression on her face. "Illiana told me just after I found out that I was pregnant, that you where my mate, something about us being the key to helping Carlisle" amiee says looking at jasper "I just don't want you to think that you have to be with me because of that"

"Likewise, I'm getting the feeling that you don't want this" jasper says with sadness displayed on his face. What jasper doesn't know is that he is so wrong, amiee loves him she knew she did the moment she layed eyes on him, he was the other reason she came to the wedding she felt ready to meet him after nearly 2 years of being alone.

"You are the other reason I came here" amiee admits while pulling up jaspers chin to look her in the eye. Jasper searches amiee's emotions, much of the sadness and gloom has left and in its place is love, happiness and trust. A big smile appears on his face as he projects his feelings onto amiee. The feeling of longing, overwhelming love and hope wash over amiee making her gasp, as her eyes well up with tears. She slowly moves her face towards jasper's. He moves with her and their lips interlock. Their mouth move together as jasper puts one hand in amiee's hair and one on her waist pulling her closer to him. Amiee has both of her hands in the back of jasper's blonde locks. Jasper can feel amiee smile under the kiss, but then feels little cold spladhes on his head and face. They pull away from the kiss and it is snowing on them in jasper's room and they burst into laughter as they rest into each other.

"I can feel how tired you are" jasper says as amiee yawns.

"Do you ever wish you could sleep again?" Amiee asks with a smile on her face.

"Sometimes, it would be nice to be absolutely relaxed for once"

"Would you like to?" Amiee asks jasper is confused with what she is asking. "Would you like to go to sleep?" She asks again

"It's not possible" jasper says.

"It is" amiee says as she jumps up from jasper's lap and goes to the door, "put some pajamas on and meet me in the room I'm staying in" amiee says and leaves the room.

Jasper rushes into his closet to get changed into some pajama pants and a tshirt. On his way down to amiee's room, he thinks of her, that kiss, her smile everything about her, makes him want to burst with happiness. This is what he was been waiting for, it's surreal to him. It can't be true but it is and he is happy it is.

He gets to her door and knocks lightly trying not to wake denver. The door opens and amiee's tiny frame stands there inviting him in. Amiee closes the door behind him then goes to get in bed. Jasper stands in the middle of the room unknowing of what to do.

"Come get in" amiee says patting the empty space beside her. Jasper walks over and get under the covers beside amiee. Amiee turn on her side to jasper and puts her elbow on the pillow the prop herself up. "Stay still and relax" she says to him in a soothing voice and starts to stroke the bottom of his forehead down the bridge of his nose repeatedly.

" Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly,
lavender's green
When I am king, dilly, dilly,
You shall be queen

Who told you so, dilly, dilly,
who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly,
that told me so

Call up your men, dilly, dilly,
set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly, dilly,
some to the rock
Some to make hay, dilly, dilly,
some to cut corn
While you and I, dilly, dilly,
keep ourselves warm

Lavender's green, dilly, dilly,
Lavender's blue
if you love me, dilly, dilly,
I will love you.

Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly,
And the lambs play
We shall be safe, dilly, dilly,
out of harm's way

I love to dance, dilly, dilly,
I love to sing
When I am queen, dilly, dilly,
You'll be my king
Who told me so, dilly, dilly,
Who told me so?
I told myself, dilly, dilly,
I told me so." Amiee sings softly to jasper making his eyes close and breathing regulate, he was asleep for the first time in 150 years, jasper finally got some peace. Amiee places a kiss on jasper's forehead and whispers "goodnight" then rests her head on his shoulders and drifts of to sleep herself.