14

"Do you want something to eat?" Esme asks amiee. Amiee looks at the clock it's 7 15 am and amiee nods her head shyly and goes and gets denvers bag. She gets out a sachet of baby porridge and follows Esme into the kitchen.

"Am I okay to make this for denver?" Amiee asks in a meek voice.

"You don't need to ask hun" Esme says and passes amiee a bowl and some milk. "What would you like, fruit, pancakes, toast, eggs?"

"Can I have some fruit please?" Amiee says stirring denvers porridge and putting it in the microwave for 2 minutes.

"Ofcourse you can" Esme says picking up an apple and a banana and getting some berries out of the fridge.

By the time the microwave is finished Esme has finished preparing amiee a bowl of fruit and has gotten her a glass of orange juice "thank you" Amiee says and puts the hot bowl of porridge on the counter with her food next to it and walks into the living room. She grabs denvers high chair and takes it through to the kitchen. "Jasper can you bring denver so he can have some breakfast please?" Amiee says and jasper is by her side before she could finish her sentence.

Jasper puts denver in the high chair and sits across from amiee. "Do you want me to feed him while you eat?" Amiee looks at him and smiles and passes him the spoon and bowl.

"Thank you" amiee says picking up a strawberry from her bowl and eating it. She can't help but laugh at the faces jasper is pulling at denver. Amiee looks down into her bowl trying to eat without laughing. She hears a splat and her head shoots up. Jasper now has a face full of porridge and denver is giggling his little head off as jasper grimaces. "He use his magic to flip the bowl?" Amiee asks

Jasper just nods his head and wipes porridge out of his eyes. Amiee laughs at jasper "go get a shower, I'll clear up all the mess" referring to the splats of porridge which have fallen on the floor. Jasper smiles a porridge face smile at her and waltzes of to go and have a shower.

"What happened here?" Carlisle says coming into the kitchen. Amiee just points to denver as he is making is spoon flip over with his magic. Carlisle just laughs and ruffles denvers hair.

When amiee is finished eating she cleans up her and denvers bowls and is on her hands and knees wiping the floor. Jasper walks into the room with a fresh face and new clothes. He sneaks up behind amiee, as she is about to get up from being on the floor and grabs her twirling her around with her back to him. She laughs loudly saying "put me down" between her giggles. He sets her on the floor and when she turns round to face him he places a chaste kiss too her lips. A tingling sensation goes down amiee's spine making her smile under the kiss.

Someone clears their throat, making amiee and jasper turn towards the noise to see Joe stood with his arms folded leaning against the opening to the kitchen.

"Bella is going to kill you" he says simply

"She's not going to touch her" jasper says putting an arm around amiee's waist but she steps out of his hold and goes and picks up her son and leaves the room.

"I'm going to get dressed" she says and then she's gone, jasper can still feel the shame and guilt that overwhelmed amiee a few moments ago.

"Why would you do that?" Jasper says to Joe.

"You wouldn't understand" joe says and turns to walk away, but jasper puts a hand on the boys shoulder and turns him back around to face him.

"Well explain, because the only thing that I am understanding is that you and Bella do not want to see  your sister happy" jasper spits out at joe.

"Maybe I want you to get to know my sister a bit more before you kiss her maybe, you only met her yesterday" joe says shrugging his shoulder out of jasper's grip and walks away into the living room.

"What was that about?" Emmett asked joe when he sat down on the sofa.

"Jasper was kissing amiee" Alice and rosalie have big smiles on their faces when they hear this.

"So what's the problem?" Alice says as jasper walks back into the room.

"He only met her yesterday. do you even know her favourite colour?" Joe says to jasper.

"Green, because she loves being outside and around nature" jasper says and joe's face drops as he wasn't expecting that answer.

"Besides the point, anyway we are going back to arizona tonight so what's the point" joe says as amiee walks back into the room with denver.

"No we're not, I'm gonna say yes to dad" she says going to stand beside jasper.

"For him?" Joe asks in a half raised voice.

"No, not just for him for me as well. I like it here, I want to build a relationship with dad and I want denver to have one with him, I want to sort things out with Bella and I can't really do that in arizona now can I?" She spits at him. Joe just shakes his head and looks down.

Amiee turns herself towards jasper who barely even looks at her. She grabs his chin and pulls his face to look at her. She stares into his golden orbs. "I'm so sorry" she says. He nods and places a peck on her cheek. They both go and sit down together as denver plays with his toys on the floor.

"Good morning" Renee says walking into the room with Helen.

"Morning" joe and amiee say.

"What's wrong joe?" Helen asks seeing that he doesn't look happy.

Joe looks at amiee and keeps his stare on her "amiee wants to move in with dad"

"I think that's a great idea" Renee exclaims

"Really?" Joe says in a sarcastic tone.

"Amiee hasn't seen her dad as much as you and Bella did growing up, he only met denver for the first time yesterday don't youthink he deserves to know his grandson?" Renee says with a stern look on her face.

Joe just nods his head and goes back to looking down in his lap.

"So you're not coming back with us?" Helen asks amiee.
"I'll have to speak to dad first but probably not" amiee says with a smile on her face. Helen and Renee just smile at each other and sit down with the rest of the group.