Chapter One~One Year Later

I can't believe this is happening. I have to go back to the place I hate the most and face the one who rejected me and the family that never cared. Maybe if they knew what I am they would care, but no one knows. I never told anyone. I couldn't. Who would believe that nerdy, ugly Emilee was a Fallen Wolf. So maybe I've stopped hiding behind my glasses, hair and baggy sweaters, but in my opinion, I still look awful.

   "Why, Damon? Why'd you volunteer to help?" I ask. I need to know. He's my best friend. He knows what they were like to me-what they did, and yet he still offers to help protect them when another pack could have.

   "We're the closest pack, Lee. They need help. I know that they were awful to you, but maybe they've changed. Maybe they've been looking for you. You aren't the same shy girl you were when we found you, Lee. You're so much stronger now.

   I know he's right but I still don't want to face them. I don't want to face Kale. He's probably with some slut. I know he is. I felt it every time he slept with someone else which was usually multiple times a day. Eventually, I learned to block the pain so I wouldn't know when he was fucking and wouldn't have to feel it. But still knew it happened and cried myself to sleep every night for eight months.

   "C'mon, Emmy, I'm here for you. It won't be the same. I won't let them hurt you ever again, princess. Now go pack." Damon shoos me away with a kiss on the forehead and a little push. I roll my eyes and nod at him, heading up the stairs to my bedroom. I pack my things and bring them downstairs for Damon to take to his car.

   I rub the spot on my back where there is a tattoo of angel wings. At least it looks like a tattoo. It's not though. Whenever I change to my angel form, they grow and sprout from the tattoo, coming to life.

   "Is it bothering you again?" Damon asks. He must have thought the tattoo hurt or something. If I don't release my wings enough they start to bother me a bit. I always tell people that it's just itchy though and that I have sensitive skin and my clothes bother me. That is obviously a lie.

   It's been two days since I've released them. I can go one day, but more than that and they start to tingle and it gradually gets worse. 

   "I'm going to take a walk, I'll be back soon," I tell Damon, shifting into a clothed wolf. Ever since my sixteenth birthday when I changed to angel, I've been able to keep my clothes on while shifting and when I shift to angel, my clothes always turn black. I'm not sure why though. I read up on it and found that angels possess magic. As in, they are basically what humans refer to as witches. That's not true. Witches are fallen angels. Sometimes, depending on why they fell, a fallen angel loses his or her wings though.

   Once I'm far enough away, I quickly shift into angel form and stretch my wings before tucking them back in and having my outfit go back to normal. I shift to wolf and run close to the edge of the forest where I shift to human form again, much to Rosie, my wolf's dismay. I'm a pure white wolf which is incredibly rare. Very few exist and are supposed to be more powerful than other wolves, although everyone always thought I was the exception. My personality just held me back. Rosie is fierce and sarcastic and hates being messed with, but I've always had more control over her. I later found out that was the Fallen Angel blood in me. It forces her into submission. I just didn't know it.   

   I take a deep breath when we pull up to the pack house. Kale is the alpha, has been since he turned sixteen. He's eighteen now.

   Damon squeezes my hand before we get out. I wear contacts now and my style has changed so much that I doubt anyone will recognize me, not even my own sister and brother and parents. Even Mary and Gavin were awful to me and my parents just ignored it all. They didn't care. Figures seeing how I'm adopted and Mary and Gavin aren't.