Chapter 21

You will be safe in my arms
   Andy dug his nails in my arm. I struggled against his grip, trying not to panic. Panicking would only make things worse, but I couldn't help it. "Andy stop this right now! Let me go!" I squealed pathetically while reaching in my bag to get the actual pepper spray. "I can't believe you had the nerve to try and stop me." He said trying to take hold of my free arm. "You have no idea what I'm going to do to you now."
   Before he had the chance to grab me and hold me down completely, I took hold of my actual pepper spray. I lifted my arm so fast and before I knew it I was spraying his face like it was water putting out a fire. The burning happened almost instantly. I never took into account the closed space we were in. The spray was affecting me too.
   Andy hollered and took his hands off of me to rub his eyes. I reacted to my chance at freedom as quickly as I could by leaning over and digging my elbow right between his legs. He let out a painful grunt and folded inward. I quickly leaned over to his door to search for the unlock button. Everything was blurry from the tears that were forming so I clicked every button as fast as I could. Soon I heard the familiar sound of an unlocking click and I quickly got out the door. I fell onto the cold earth floor from trying to move too fast. "You bitch!" Andy screamed from inside the car. I heard the heart wrenching sound of The car door opening for him to climb out.
   He was going to chase me. I got up as fast as I could and kicked my heels off so that I could run. I bolted and almost crashed right into the gate. Andy would catch me for sure if I took the time to open it so I jumped right up and began to scale it. It was so hard to see anything not only because of my tears but my adrenaline had me seeing in tunnel vision. I was almost to the top when I felt the gate shake. I looked over to find Andy beginning to climb. That gave me the extra energy to reach the top and flip to the other side. Desperately trying to hurry, I let go of the gate halfway down and fell to the ground. Unfortunately a spike scraped me on the way down on my leg. It instantly stung and I knew that it had drawn blood but I had to keep going.
   I took off towards the house, running as fast as I possibly could. From behind me a little ways I heard Andy hit the ground and start running. I whimpered in my throat as I listened to his foot steps. My lungs were heaving in and out, desperately trying to suck in air, my heart was pumping pure adrenaline through my veins, my muscles tingled from all the overwhelming energy they were being put through, my eyes were watering, my ears were pounding. I had never been more afraid in my life. Andy was going to hurt me.
   My bare foot slammed into a rock, sending me into the air and then onto the ground. Andy approached me in seconds and got on top of me. He sat on my hips, pinning me to the dirt. His breaths were heavy and he teeth were bared like some animal. His blood shot eyes made me want to scream. My arms frantically groped the ground around me for anything to defend myself with. My fingers suddenly stumbled on a lump on the ground and quickly picked it up and clubbed him in the head with it.
   He toppled off me and I was able to quickly get back up and continue running. Behind me I could hear Andy growling. I wasn't sure if he was still chasing me. I took a second to look behind me while I was running and found that he was a few feet behind me. I clenched my teeth together and kept running. I didn't know how much longer I could keep going.
   In the distance I could see the faint illumination from the house Windows. Sudden hope sparked in my chest. Brahms was close. Brahms could save me. Using the left over space in my lungs I opened my mouth and shouted "Brahms!" My voice skipped between the trees and got lost in the darkness. "Brahms!!" I screamed again, shredding my vocal chords. I was so close to the house now.
   Just keep running.
   Just keep running.
"Brahms! Help me!!" I screamed as loud as I could.
   "Brah..." A sharp pain to the back of my head silenced me. Andy had grabbed a fist full of my hair and yanked me to the ground. My head slammed on the dirt causing stars to form in my peripheral vision. Andy got on top of me quicker than I could stop him. He pulled my arms down and pinned them beneath his knees.
   "Stop! Get off me! Please!" I begged, trying to wriggle free. Sparks broke across my cheek as he punched me. My eyes felt like bursting from their sockets. All was silent for a couple of seconds. I whimpered in my throat. What if Brahms couldn't hear me?
   Andy's hand slowly traveled down to my skirt. "Andy stop!" I pleaded as tears streamed down my face. "Shut up!" He shouted harshly as he struck me again. I felt so nauseous from being afraid. Andy slowly began to lift up my skirt, smiling a disgusting smile as he did.
   I screamed as loud and as hard as I could and tried even harder to squirm free. Andy punched me again and again trying to get me to stop squirming. I knew I couldn't let him win, so I kicked my legs upward and bucked wildly, desperate to throw him off. He hit me again and my lip split. I could feel warm blood instantly drain from the cut.
   I was dizzy and in pain. The world was spinning and I felt like I was slowly drifting into unconsciousness. There was a sudden flash of movement and Andy was knocked off of me. I heard a painful grunt. What was happening? I sat up and fell back over instantly because I did it too fast. I couldn't get up just yet. I turned my head so that I could at least see what was going on.
   I looked over to find Brahms. Relief suddenly began to flow through me. And I found the energy to slowly get up. Andy was desperately trying to fight Brahms off but he stood no chance. His eyes were wide with fear and confusion. "Who the hell are you?" Andy shouted. Brahms took no time to respond. He took a fistful of Copper hair and slammed his head onto the ground. Brahms then began bashing his skull with his strong fists. The pounding sound that came from Andy's head made me sick. Andy screamed in pain.
   I watched in horror as Brahms continued to beat him. Relentlessly punching him in the face over and over. Andy struggled against Brahm's weight trying to get free. Before I could do anything about it Andy picked up a rock and hit the side of Brahm's head. Then while he was dazed, Andy kneed him in his side. Brahms grunted and fell over. "No!" I screamed. I quickly ran up to Andy and kicked him in the stomach while he was still down. That gave Brahms enough time to get back up.
   He quickly got back to Andy and with one last blow, Brahms smashed his skull into the ground.
   Andy's screaming suddenly stopped and he dropped limply to the ground. I stood slack jawed and stared at the body in the dirt. Blood slowly began to pool at his head. I was going to be sick. A wail broke the sudden eerie silence and I realized it was coming from me. Brahms suddenly rushed to me and encircled me into his arms before I collapsed.