Truths as Friends

*********Aria's POV***********

I got ready for work and made myself a pot of coffee without crying I was making progress. I grabbed my stuff out of my room and thought about turning my phone on but then I thought about what Liam had just put me through and kept it shut off.

I arrived at work and went straight to my office. I got three documents sent to Harrison already and Chloe came in to check on me.

"Hey Hun! How are you doing?" She asked.

"Hey.. I'm okay.." I muttered.

"You still want me to hold his calls?" She asked.

"Yes.. How many times has he called already?" 'I asked.

"Only 6 times today...but he said he was going to keep calling and not give up." Chloe said.

I let out a big breath running my hands through my hair looking down at my desk.

"Still want me to hold them?" She asked.

"Umm.. yeah you better!" I said getting back to work.

I couldn't put up with his lies, stories, and drama anymore. I needed to get over it and try to move on. This next client I was dreading having to deal with him because now that Liam is gone I have to help 50% of his old clients, which just so happens to be Brody.

**Knock, Knock**

"Come on in." I said as the door creaked open. Brody stood before me in a business suit and tie. He still was very attractive no matter how big of an ass he was.

"Hey." He said sitting down.

"Hi, You have all your stuff." I asked.

"Yup." He said handing me his folders and check books.

I sorted out everything and was busy with all his stuff when Brody broke the silence.

"So... Liam really left?" He asked.

"Yes!" I said.

"I thought you two had a thing going on?" He asked.

"What does it matter?" I asked.

"Well let's see he's my accountant, your my ex, and I wanted to know." He said.

"Well let's just say you and him are my ex's for the same reason." I said.

"I never meant to cheat on you." He said seriously.

"It doesn't matter.. you both broke my heart." I said angrily.

"Can I at least try to explain what happened? How I feel? and tell you how sorry I am." He said in a serious voice.

"Go right ahead but I am not changing my mind." I said continuing.

"That night we went out to the bar, got very drunk, you got mad at me went up to the room, and I thought I would make you even more mad and piss you off. So I did a very stupid thing and slept with your friend. I was very drunk I didn't even remember it. I woke up and saw Britney next to me and knew I had did something so so bad. I know you won't forgive me ever but I want you to know I regret not having you everyday. I was so dumb! I was going to propose to you that week. I had the ring and everything. It's just that I hate knowing that I ruined EVERYTHING between us." He said as a tear rolled down his face.

"I know that all of this sucks but I still can not go back with you. Brody, I will try to be your friend but I just cannot deal with the fact that you slept with Britney after being with me for 3 years." I said as I wiped my tear.

"I understand that and I have nothing wrong with being your friend." He said.

Right now I needed nothing but a friend because I had just lost everything. I finished up with his stuff and handed it back to him and scheduled him a next appointment.

"Bye, Aria. Take care of yourself... and if you need anything just call me. I can even take you out for drinks JUST as friends." He said as he waved.

"Thanks Brody." I said.

After work that night I went over to my mom's for supper and talked to my mom about Liam. She didn't think he would do such a thing just as everyone else thought. I hated that they didn't believe me. Mom and I even talked about switching jobs to a professional one that I had got a degree for now. I had got my counselor degree with photography as a side but never got to use it because Gary asked me before the others did.

I wanted to apply for them so bad and now was my chance to start new and fresh. I filled out all the paper work and I was going to drop them all off tomorrow morning. I knew I was changing to fast but I needed to move on I had waited WAY to long the last time this happened and I am getting older everyday. I want a family, kids, love, and money and I was going to get that some day.

*******Liam's POV******

I was only the first day of work and without Aria and I already hated my job. I had called the office 15 times today and tried her cell once and now I was calling it again. She never anwsered any of the calls. Chloe said she told her to hold all calls from me and that she has had her phone shut off.

I know I was crazy for callling 17 times a day but I wasn't giving up. I had to stay down here for 2 months before I fly home but if it takes 2 months to get ahold of her I will wait that long.

I called my mom to talk to her about all of this because I was sick of this.

"Honey, If your not happy dad will not hate you for selling the business. I think it's a great idea to change professions." She said.

"You wouldn't be mad?" I asked.

"No. certainly not.. I know that you had no desire going into accounting but your dad wanted you guys to have something to remember him by." She said.

"I think I want to find someone to run it for me and finish my schooling.. but I'll still keep it." I said.

"Whatever you want to do honey." She said.

"I'm gonna think about it." I said.

I finished talking to my mom and did not mention anything about Aria. I knew the conversation would never end if we talked about her. My mom liked her and would hate to see that we are fighting. She would also try to get involved in our relationship. After our conversation I hung up and laid down thinking about Aria.

Vote(: Comment(:

Sorry I have been taking forever to update! I had family home all last week. I think I am going to start the next chapter tonight and I will finish it sometime this week.

Think Brody was nice to tell her the straight up truth? How long you think Aria is going to ignore Liam's calls?

-Liz(: