Chapter 03 - A Friendly Face

I didn't tell Kendall or Bella about seeing Nova last night or the strange, secretive conversation he was having with his friend. As curious as I was about what the conversation meant I knew that it was none of my business and I almost completely forgot about it by the next morning.

"Do we have any classes together?" Bella asked me the next morning before we left for the day. Kendall's first class of the day started half an hour earlier than ours so she was gone by the time we were getting up.

I grabbed the small list I printed out of all my classes from my bed, "I don't know. You should check." I handed her the list so I could finish getting my things ready.

"Damn." She cursed after taking a second to look over my classes. I took that as a no.

We met with Liam and Will just outside of our dorms and together they studied the classes we had to find any comparisons. I was slightly relieved to find that Will and I actually had the first class of the day together – English 101 with Professor Simmons.

Other than Will and I's one English lecture together, none of us didn't have any classes together. Luckily, Bella and Liam's lecture halls were almost side by side on the other end of campus so Will and I were quickly left alone.

At first I was worried when the others left, afraid of an awkward silence, but I was actually pretty lucky to have Will walking with me since I only had a general idea of where the lecture hall was. The exact whereabouts were beyond me.

"You nervous?" I asked when I noticed him playing with his fingers.

He looked down at me and smirked. The kind of crooked smile that someone made when they were found out. "That noticeable?" His smirk broke out into a smile.

I shook my head, "No. I just have a really bad habit of noticing people's habits. You were fumbling with your fingers in a way that made it seem as if something was making you nervous."

A habit I picked up spending so much time with my mother. Everyone had a habit, something they did that tells people they're uncomfortable. My mother would start to pace or wring her hands together and I tend to bite the skin off my bottom lip. Everyone had one.

"Well, than that means you've unusually observant. I wouldn't call it a bad thing."

The corner of my lips pulled upwards into a small smile and exhaled deeply out of my nose, "Well, you shouldn't be nervous. Statistically things like this usually end up being way easier than what we imagine in our heads. First day of school, new job, new home. Most of the time they're just average days for the beginning of a new routine."

He smiles again, "Good point. Let's keep our fingers crossed for an average day in our new routine than."

"Ha, yeah, fingers crossed for an exceptionally ordinary day." I raised my hand to show him my twisted index and pointer finger. He gives me a short laugh and shows me his. We didn't walk for much longer before we made it to the lecture hall.

I was pleased with the way my schedule played out. It was a bit complicated and nothing like how online school was or even how I remember high school being either, but I was still pleased all the same. I had 2 one hour and a half classes in a row, an hour and a half break and then a two one hour classes which meant my days didn't go any later than 3 o'clock.

Each lecture had, easily, over 80 students and somehow every single one of my Professors were able to handle themselves just fine. It also probably helped that everyone was well aware that they were no longer getting free education and every second they wasted was money out of their pocket.

I bet with Bella and Kendall for lunch and the rest caught up with us a bit later. Kendall practically raved the entire time about how excited she was with all the classes she was taking and wouldn't stop talking about it for over an hour.