Chapter 05 - Unexpected Hero

Bella and Will were exactly where I left them when I returned. 3 shot glasses were on the counter waiting for us as I walked up.

Will's eyes grew wide when he turned to look at me and noticed my neckline. He looked away quickly but I could see the red that colored his cheeks. Bella whistled at me.

"Well, we're getting frisky tonight! Is this the same girl who didn't want to wear a dress that went to her mid thigh?" She laughed.

"It was the only shirt they had!" I lied, taking the shot glass from her as she handed it to me.

"Well it's a good thing that you're here with us because every guy is going to have his eyes on you with that shirt on."

We touched the rims of our glasses together before we shot them down. I grimaced at the taste but immediately felt warmer. Suddenly, after 4 shots of vodka and a jack with coke, I felt my head start to spin again. Only this time it felt like a good kind of spin, the kind that only made me want to dance more.

I watched as Bella and Will walked over to the other side of the counter to grab some more drinks. "Let's make a sex on the beach!" Bella shouted, jumping up and down and clapping her hands.

Maybe, when you drink it was just as Will had said. You just needed to be around people you enjoy being with and trusted to enjoy it. I had been offered drinks before and each time I felt nervous, afraid even. I didn't feel like I did in this moment. I felt safe.

But that safe feeling quickly disappeared.

I saw, in slow motion, Bella and Will's eyes widen as they watched everything unfold around me. Large football player looking guys grabbed the cooler of melted ice cubes, one of the ones that was used to keep beer cold, and turned it over so the contents spilled all over me.

I froze in place as I stared at my feet in disbelief. I let out a small scoff of astonishment as the sounds of drunken laughs echoed all around me, almost drowning out the music. I looked up as I felt my cheeks start to burn a bright, scarlet color and watched as the looks on the faces of those who had drenched me in ice cold water slowly fade into guilt.

"Uh oh." One of them said. They all glanced at one another as though they had just completely messed up what they had intended to do.

Will was the first to step out of the state of shock. He took two stomps toward one of the men who had poured the cooler over my head and shoved him with full force into the wall behind him. "What the hell is wrong with you guys?"

The guy, who looked as dense as he is thick, stuck his hands up in surrender. "I am so sorry, man! We thought she was someone else!" He managed to pull Will off his collar and pushed him away.

My blood slowly started to boil beneath my skin as I listened to their worthless excuses and watched their panicked expressions. My mouth hung open as Bella walked over to stand in front of me, covering my now over exposed body beneath the nearly see through white shirt.

"You thought she was someone else?!" Will roared at them.

"Woah man, chill!" Another one of the men called out.

I wasn't the only one who noticed Will seemingly about to lunge for closest person because right at that moment someone stepped in between the brawling group.

"Woah, woah! It was my fault!" He shouted stepping in front of Will. I stared intently at him as I tried to place where I had seen him before. "I thought she was a friend of ours and I thought it would have been funny to do a wet t-shirt contest." He turned to me and slowly walked over to where I shivered behind Bella.